Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Footballers!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Grant Holt is already fighting a losing battle...

holt.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
two words

ALAN DUFFY

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
John Barnes

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As above, Kevin Mcleod is now massive, saw a photo of him somewhere.

However I give you a photograph of former city midfielder Michael Johnson: Michael-Johnson-now-and-i-008.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This is great. Does anyone know the story behind the photo? I know he died in Bognor in 1980. Was he a fan?

The caption for that photo is...

Leading Brighton and Hove Albion onto the field of play against Gillingham is 22 stone Comedian Fred Emney, complete with monocle and cigar for his BBC TV series "Emney Enterprises".

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
The caption for that photo is...

Leading Brighton and Hove Albion onto the field of play against Gillingham is 22 stone Comedian Fred Emney, complete with monocle and cigar for his BBC TV series "Emney Enterprises".

I was actually at that game with my Dad, (shows my age!). From memory he had a go at kicking the ball during the warmup, fell over and broke his leg. At the time we thought it was a wind up because the stretcher bearers nearly collapsed under the weight as the got him off the pitch. However it was in fact for real, as we discovered afterwards.

It was always assumed he was a fan and he did make the odd appearance in the directors box in the old West Stand on a few occasions but I suspect more as a guest than a supporter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here