Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fasting

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Watched Horizon last night, it was all about the amazing health benefits of short term fasting.

If you reduce calorie intake to 600 for two days a week, basically you can eat what you like for the other five and greatly reduce your chances of dying from cancerous related diseases and lose weight.

Do you think you pie loving, Harveys guzzerling fat bastards could survive on 600 calories for 2 days a week?

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Not an effing chance. Bring my Fray Bentos.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Watched Horizon last night, it was all about the amazing health benefits of short term fasting.

If you reduce calorie intake to 600 for two days a week, basically you can eat what you like for the other five and greatly reduce your chances of dying from cancerous related diseases and lose weight.

Do you think you pie loving, Harveys guzzerling fat bastards could survive on 600 calories for 2 days a week?

I watched it. If you know even the basics of nutrition you would know you'll put yourself in an early grave following that bollocks principal.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

I'm assuming this was front page news in the Mail today too

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I watched it. If you know even the basics of nutrition you would know you'll put yourself in an early grave following that bollocks principal.

I'm currently eating 1100 calories a day maximum, every day of the week, (which is surprisingly manageable, if you plan things properly) in an effort to shed some proper weight. It is falling off. I'm not hungry very often, and when I am a pint of water and half a banana sorts me out. Six hundred would be a massive struggle though, even two days a week....

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I have a friend who tried fasting as part of some stupid diet fad and she ended up in hospital with pneumonia.

She did however lose loads of weight!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm currently eating 1100 calories a day maximum, every day of the week, (which is surprisingly manageable, if you plan things properly) in an effort to shed some proper weight. It is falling off. I'm not hungry very often, and when I am a pint of water and half a banana sorts me out. Six hundred would be a massive struggle though, even two days a week....

What do you get to eat for that 1100 calories on typical day, are there any food groups that you're avoiding, and are you doing any exercise.

cheers

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It doesn't exactly do much good for working though, if I'm hungry I find it hard to concentrate on things.

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne

As opposed to eating copious amounts of processed foods, fruits and veg sprayed with pesticides, meats pumped full of antibiotics etc etc will keep you living longer.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Argh, nightmare out here at the moment – no food or drink between sunrise and sunset during Ramadan. Luckily our office lets you break the rules, so long as you do it discretely.

Flew to Qatar for a meeting last week, not even so much as a sip of water for five hours.

D

Deleted member 18477

What do you get to eat for that 1100 calories on typical day, are there any food groups that you're avoiding, and are you doing any exercise.

cheers

This. I eat 2300 ATM as I'm 'cutting' and I can barely do much exercise due to lack of energy. Can't wait to 'bulk' again! I take it you do no exercise?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

cheers

No more exercise than usual - I walk a fair bit but don't do a lot more than that (so my daily calorie usage would be in the 'sedentary' bracket). Food: typically, a banana for breakfast, a salad at lunch (can include tuna or a small amount of meat, no dressing), then maybe a diet cup-a-soup at about 4pm. Dinner is a chicken breast with a load of vegetables. Or anything lean cut of meat. I have a SMALL about of carbs (rice or spuds) with that every other day. I'm avoiding milk (coffee without milk is about 5 calories a cup, with milk it's 200).

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
No more exercise than usual - I walk a fair bit but don't do a lot more than that (so my daily calorie usage would be in the 'sedentary' bracket). Food: typically, a banana for breakfast, a salad at lunch (can include tuna or a small amount of meat, no dressing), then maybe a diet cup-a-soup at about 4pm. Dinner is a chicken breast with a load of vegetables. Or anything lean cut of meat. I have a SMALL about of carbs (rice or spuds) with that every other day. I'm avoiding milk (coffee without milk is about 5 calories a cup, with milk it's 200).

And if I don't have carbs with dinner I can have a glass of wine...

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I dropped down to about 500 calories a day for a couple of months and lost loads of weight, 5st to date. The key is making sure you still get your vitamins and minerals and drinking loads of water is really important. Your body starts to live off your fat and it drops off really quickly. A diet of reducing to 600 for a couple of days and then eating what you want the rest of the time however does not sound wise. Anything like this should be done under the observation of medical professionals as there are significant risks if you are not suitable for this kind of diet.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I dropped down to about 500 calories a day for a couple of months and lost loads of weight, 5st to date. The key is making sure you still get your vitamins and minerals and drinking loads of water is really important. Your body starts to live off your fat and it drops off really quickly. A diet of reducing to 600 for a couple of days and then eating what you want the rest of the time however does not sound wise. Anything like this should be done under the observation of medical professionals as there are significant risks if you are not suitable for this kind of diet.

Bloody hell, I've no idea how you got through that... my problem has always been that if I'm hungry I WILL eat. MY 1100 a day is working out OK though, just about.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Looking at the size of a growing number of people who are destined to become diabetics through their 'need' to eat continuously, I would have thought that fasting would be a preference to fastfood.

PS I did not watch Horizon but excuse the pun surely 'it's food for thought'?

Remember one should eat to live , not live to eat.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Bloody hell, I've no idea how you got through that... my problem has always been that if I'm hungry I WILL eat. MY 1100 a day is working out OK though, just about.

More often than not when you feel hungry it is actually your body telling you it's thirsty. Try having a quick guzzle of water when you feel hungry before eating. If the hunger is not abated by water then you do actually need to eat.

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
I use an age old tactic to lose weight.

If I feel chubby, I order fish and chips from SARS on lewes road and shit through the eye of a needle for a week.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
This should be interesting I thought as I opened this thread. Then I realized it was FASTING, not.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here