Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fast cold/flu remedies.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No idea, but my cold/flu/bubonic plague or whatever it is has actually got me doubting my attendance tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Lemsip and Strepsils always help me.

Hillian1, if you have a spare ticket and don't feel like going tomorrow, PM me and I'll come and meet you and pay very generously. :thumbsup:

Hope you feel better though.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Did you have the scan tonight mate?

And do you have any real remedies, everything is aching.

Seems stupid moaning to you about a cold.:blush:

Scan went ok apart from the dye they pump into you. Im afraid i dont mate apart from whats already been mentioned. Plenty of rest and lots of fluids.

Well whats already been mentioned is Lemsip, whiskey, strepsols, tea, LUCOZADE, Milk, Night nurse, Garlic, Amphetamines, Vicks, bowls of hot water and hot curry.

Is it all of them at the same time or just pick a random few?

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Right for the throat try either covonia throat spray - it's antibacterial so will fight infection and it's anaesthetic so will numb any pain.
If sprays are not your thing try Vocalzone lozenges alot of singers use them on between gigs, strong stuff!!

Cold wise- I always recommend night nurse but unless u wanna fall asleep at the game tomorrow get day nurse instead will sooth the cough and decongest everything! Plus has paracetamol so will ease any pain!

Thank me later! This time tomorrow celebrating guys!!!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
soon as you feel the symptoms get
1 x bottle of port + 1 x 1/2 bottle of brandy.....mix accordingly and get it down you,sweat it out overnight
works every time although the headache seems to overpower any lingering flu

always drink responsibly or not

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Plenty of lager with Lemsip chasers.....that's what i'll be doing anyway.

Anyway, what bastards gave us this shit....The Scousers or dirty Leeds?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
on Benylin cold & flu at the moment...I'm actually quite pleased I feel like this.

If we win tonight, itll give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside which will make me feel better
If we lose, then hopefully I've got the ebola virus and I'll cough over the red & blue fuckers...that'll give the benefit thieves a real reason to claim incapacity benefit not just some made up back problem!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I recommend 'Nelson's Blood' - a mix of dark rum infused with brandy and spices (mainly cloves & cinnamon). I am not a great fan of rum and sounds a bit weird but tastes great. Guaranteed to get rid of colds, toothache, scurvy, woodworm, aphids, weevils and most other ailments. Also has very warming qualities on a cold autumnal or wintry night.

Nelson's Blood is available from 'The Lord Nelson' pub in Burnham Thorpe, the village where Nelson was born and lived at various times when he was not at sea. It is based on the legend that following his death at Trafalgar Nelson's body was preserved in a barrel of brandy but enroute back to blighty the crew of HMS Victory kept drawing off the liquor for their own consumption - and topped up the barrel with their grog.

There is also a real ale version with beer that has the spiced rum added in the brewing process and you can imagine is fairly potent. A few pints of that and you will easily forget most things, including that you have a cold.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Lem-sip add a very large measure of scotch, a good squidch of honey, squeeze in a slice of lemon and chuck the peel in as well, plus a pinch of cinnamon top up with water and bung in the microwave. Squeeze the remaining piece on lemon to remove all the juice. Drink. Go to bed and sweat like a pig, next morning no cold.

:rave::rave::rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here