Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fast cold/flu remedies.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
So I've started to come down with a cold and really don't want to feel like shit for the Palace game. Does anyone have any remedies to either get rid of a cold or at least make you feel better for a few hours?

No idea, but my cold/flu/bubonic plague or whatever it is has actually got me doubting my attendance tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
double shot of whisky in a mug of tea , couple of paracetamol to ease the aching bones.

harmsey

May 20, 2011
me too im gutted! i saw that zinc is good pleny of fluids and paracetamol, one thing i have done before is a 2xkiwi 2xorange and juice smoothie it kicks it into touch for a couple of hours may be enough to get through the game hope this helps and also curries are good clears the sinuses

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't tell yourself you have one. It's all in the mind, innit. Currently, my eyeballs feel swelled and painful to even minorly prod, but if i don't inform myself i have some sort of a bug that's causing the discomfort and watering my poos down, then i can carry on as normal. Ok, i had today off sick and a disconcerting fog is over my mind, but as long as no one forwards this message to my brain's NSC account, i'll get away with it and get to the match tomorrow night in reasonable form.
Keep it quiet eh lads.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Same here, just about managed to get through today doing next to nothing so might just stay in bed tomorrow, before getting up and heading off to the Amex, no way I'm missing tomorrow! :thumbsup:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
go large on garlic - put loads on toast (keep garlic semi raw), and in a brew of hot orange juice.......

also, hot hot hot bath.

do not go for the alcohol option.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Fill a bowl with boiling water put in a table spoon of vic cover with towel, put head under towel and inhale deeply untill water stops steaming. Have a very hot bath then go to bed.
if you have a sore throat gargle with diluted TCP. your breath will stink but it will kill the sore throat.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Flush it through with loads of fresh orange juice with drops of ecinacea in it. Keep drinking water as well and the gargle with tcp if you've got a sore throat, and then take paracetemol if you feel feverish.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Fill a bowl with boiling water put in a table spoon of vic cover with towel, put head under towel and inhale deeply untill water stops steaming.

That's my cold remedy, that and night nurse.

Having said that, my holiday was the best cure so far!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sweet tea and bed. now, go right now. sickie obviously on the morrow stay in bed between pumping full of tea and juice. before the game have a few beers to sharpen up, but you will pay for wednesday.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Since I first saw this thread, I've started sniffing. Damn you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here