Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fascinating and insightfull tweet from Leon Knight this morning

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
"I know a lot of people dont like me, but as long as my mum dad and sis and nephews do.... the rest of you can eat DICK SLOW"

Great tweet- gives you a feel for the fella.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Must be great knowing he's no longer a little fish in a big pond. He's now a big fish in East Belfast. Not that he wants to live there of course.

"In January 2012 however, Coleraine asked Knight to either live in Northern Ireland or pay his own travel costs, as he was still living in London and had to travel over to Northern Ireland for each game, which was costing Coleraine £1,000-£1,500 per month. An agreement could not be reached, and Knight joined Glentoran on 30 January 2012."

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
well i don't like him much but I won't be eating 'Dick slow' as I don't even know what it is, I mean is it one of them yankee terms like a 'Sloppy Joe' which is a burger I think?

A Sloppy Joe is a rich tomatoey mince (similar to Bolognese) served in a hamburger bun. Very nice and a favourite in the Eggmundo household.
I don't know what a Dick Slow is.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Nice headline too - "Living the dream in Northern Ireland. Woulda gone Republic but they use Euros! (I prefer £££)"

"Living the dream in Northern Ireland" :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Was that Tweet directed at anyone in particular?

If it was aimed at us, he should remember that we have a banner of him on the concourse outside our brilliant, brand new stadium. Of course, he wouldn't know, because since leaving us he hasn't played in such a fantastic stadium.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Having Googled, I have discovered that there are lyrics to a song called Dicks Slow by performing artistes by the name of Tindersticks. Is this what the young Mr Knight refers? I have yet to ascertain how it is eaten, however.

I would place the reference by way of a hyperlink here, but I can't be arsed, and I'm sure that no one else would be arsed to follow it either. I'm sure that we've got better things to do than worry about the juvenile rantings of a tubby footballer who has decided to place his talent and his language in the toilet.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Having Googled, I have discovered that there are lyrics to a song called Dicks Slow by performing artistes by the name of Tindersticks. Is this what the young Mr Knight refers? I have yet to ascertain how it is eaten, however.

I would place the reference by way of a hyperlink here, but I can't be arsed, and I'm sure that no one else would be arsed to follow it either. I'm sure that we've got better things to do than worry about the juvenile rantings of a tubby footballer who has decided to place his talent and his language in the toilet.

Great song that though...........

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Can we not start a campaign to get that little shits picture of the Albion legends taken down outside the West stand. Steve Gritt, Stuart Storer or Michel Kuipers are all worthier candidates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here