Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farley Jackmaster Funk or Steve Silk Hurley?.....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If you had to choose?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The House Sounds of Chicago - 'Love can't turn around' beats 'Jack your body' hands down!!

It's a tough call.... I agree but only just. What about if I throw Chad Jackson into the mix?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i've reviewed and have to side with Farley for Love cant turn around. im more of a Marshell Jefferson and Frankie Knuckles man myself. and Mr Fingers. its all good. house is a feeling.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
i've reviewed and have to side with Farley for Love cant turn around. im more of a Marshell Jefferson and Frankie Knuckles man myself. and Mr Fingers. its all good. house is a feeling.

Marshell Jefferson... That's a name I've not heard for a while.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm looking at this TRAX re-edited CD I have, some glorious tunes on it. We're Rockin' Down the House anybody? And let's not forget Knuckles.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Hurley was more of your consumate producer of the house sound .... Farley was more of a DJ that dabbled but did produce the seminal classic that made full use of Darryl Pandy's vocalisations.

Overall though, Hurley was the greater contributer, but kudos also needs to go to Jefferson as a producer ... less so to Knuckles who was more in the Farley mould.

As for Chad Jackson ... pur-lease ... this is a "house" discussion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some of you might want to check out the latest Radio 1 Essential Mix by Butch, quite cool deep house, with some quite a few samples from the 2 named in this thread title. Decent mix, makes a change from usual dubstep / mad electro stuff.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Some of you might want to check out the latest Radio 1 Essential Mix by Butch, quite cool deep house, with some quite a few samples from the 2 named in this thread title. Decent mix, makes a change from usual dubstep / mad electro stuff.

Sounds good will check it out

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Check this forward thinking track from 1984 by James Mason called Nightgruv in the same vein

http://youtu.be/kvc1FWjIwsI

that is some deep tunage. you could have said that was from 1995, it could have been released then. i love youtube, and ploughing through these old backwaters of music.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Was most surprised to find FJF Dj'ing in the little room on the first floor at Pacha, Ibiza back in around 2002 time..

Dropped Bowie's 'Lets Dance' out of nowhere, and the place went MENTALIST.

:rave::rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here