Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Farewell fanzone

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Standard first match of the season incompetence everywhere. Parking stewards, crossing steward (why?), bar staff , stadium announcer, the person who is meant to fade out GOSBTS for the last bit, pretty much the same every season. Things tend to improve once the students come back.
Long queue to get into the Uni car park yesterday. The stewards were pinging every ticket and low and behold, some people ( according to steward I know) were trying to buck the system by using an old ticket on their phone, which seemly became an epidemic last season, so filling up the car park with people who had paid not getting a space. They were turning round a lot of shouty people seemly. BTW YOU NEED YOUR NUMBER PLATE ON THE TICKET THIS SEASON!

with ANPR being used soon, I am expecting a host of people complaining about wrongful fines too.

getting out was a pain too as I assume lots of newbies not letting people out as queues joined each other.
took an hour to get home once clapped the team off and them opening the shutter to let people out on the north stand whilst people were trying to get in

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

The solution

Ha ha. To be honest the solution is moving the two sets of singers to the centre of the North Stand but there doesn't seem to be a will to do this (and I understand if you have a plum seat in the middle not wanting to move) so nothing will really change. Doesn't matter what pre- match music we have. The only other option is to get the ref to give a shocking decision 10 minutes before kick off to get the fans riled up!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He should have had the salad
Obviously it wouldn't be the case because he's a clean living professional but he does have the face of a man who likes big boozy dinners and a few lines for dessert.
Though that would make him a bit more Brighton than he actually is as well are the home of the fat cokehead.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
getting out was a pain too as I assume lots of newbies not letting people out as queues joined each other.
took an hour to get home once clapped the team off and them opening the shutter to let people out on the north stand whilst people were trying to get in
First time in years I’ve used the Uni. Left it 45 minutes before getting back to the car after the game and the queues were still ridiculous and took us over 30 minutes to get out. I’m sure it was not that bad in the past.

HillBarnTillIDie

Jul 2, 2011
Standard first match of the season incompetence everywhere. Parking stewards, crossing steward (why?), bar staff , stadium announcer, the person who is meant to fade out GOSBTS for the last bit, pretty much the same every season. Things tend to improve once the students come back.
Tis true… Even the stadium itself had a bit of a wobbly with leaks in the roof springing up in places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here