Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Farewell fanzone

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Own up: who poisoned Reynolds' pre-match sarnie?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
And no immediate pre-kick off music leading to.... absolute silence from the whole ground. I thought we were always told the music stiffled the organic atmosphere. As fans we are simply incapable of creating a proper atmosphere 80% of the time.
Bollocks. 12.30 KO does this in EVERY ground, Ipswich being an exception for obvious reasons. It’s a shit KO time, the worst of the lot IMO.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Bollocks. 12.30 KO does this in EVERY ground, Ipswich being an exception for obvious reasons. It’s a shit KO time, the worst of the lot IMO.
I take your point but what's our excuse for the 3pm lack of atmospheres? I also think it's a shame if Fanzone has gone - the kids enjoy it and, if no one is going to make a noise anyway, what harm does it do?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. I got up early and still missed the first 20 minutes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I prefer having GOSBTS with it fading out so the crowd picks it up, bring that back please

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
And no immediate pre-kick off music leading to.... absolute silence from the whole ground. I thought we were always told the music stiffled the organic atmosphere. As fans we are simply incapable of creating a proper atmosphere 80% of the time.
Was today the worse opening day home match atmosphere since the Priestfield?

It came across so quite online.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Again, I don't understand how it was better? We exchanged cheesy songs for silence.
Just my opinion obviously, but I despise that 'medley' with a passion. I would take the sounds of the Palace coach driver in the away dressing room shitters over it, so the bar isn't too high for me personally.

The ground filled up really late today, I'd say it was still half empty 10 mins before KO. I'm sure we'll get it going a bit more before the Ipswich game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just my opinion obviously, but I despise that 'medley' with a passion. I would take the sounds of the Palace coach driver in the away dressing room over hearing that pregame, so the bar isn't too high for me personally.

The ground filled up really late today, I'd say it was still half empty 10 mins before KO. I'm sure we'll get it going a bit more before the Ipswich game.

I liked the medley …. a decade ago. It wore thin. Especially the “Put your hands up for Bwighton” secton.

Glad there’s a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here