Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewell Andy, thanks for the memories

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
andy-gray-mic.jpg

:bigwave:

Sad day for football fans the country over yesterday with the sad news that Andy Gray has lost his job, we will miss his banter with Richard and Jamie, his cutting edge analysis and his last word where he told us the truth on the big matters of the weekend.

May this much loved duo be reunited at some point in the future...

richard-keys-andy-gray.jpg

Farewell Andy, thanks for the memories, and in your own words 'take a bow son'

:bowdown:

He's a twat, im glad he's gone!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
i was getting tired of that board with him showing how players would move and his regular comment after moves had broken down " HE COULD HAVE..............." but sacking him for a comment only made for his co presenter is unbelievable, this whole situation will result in presenters on both radio and TV having to stick to a script with no off the cuff quips.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
i was getting tired of that board with him showing how players would move and his regular comment after moves had broken down " HE COULD HAVE..............." but sacking him for a comment only made for his co presenter is unbelievable, this whole situation will result in presenters on both radio and TV having to stick to a script with no off the cuff quips.

If you don't think it's possible to say things "off the cuff" without bullying or expressing bigotry, then can I suggest you don't but a ticket in the East Stand at Falmer?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
this whole situation will result in presenters on both radio and TV having to stick to a script with no off the cuff quips.

Cobblers.
Nothings changed, off the cuff quips are still fine and dandy as long as they're not of the "hanging out the back of her" variety. Most people who work in the media have the intelligence not to band that kind of remark around when they are in a studio with microphones and cameras everywhere.

It won't change the content of any shows one iota, but it might just make presenters a wee bit more guarded when they are supposedly "off air".

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Robert Peston makes me press the Mute button when he comes on the news. Andy Gray made me cancel Sky Sports. I regret not having SS from about February to the end of the season and now I might return. It was impossible while he was there. I thought he was patronising, smug and superior and I didn't even know him.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Well, you take your job into your own hands when you sue a newspaper that happens to owned by the same company that is the largest shareholder in your current employers and who are actively seeking to become the majority shareholder or your current employers.

Interesting thought! I wonder if THIS is the real reason behind Gray being the only one of the twatty twins who have gone!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It's not the end of the road for you Andy lovers, he's already being lined up to present a new series of Topless Darts on Men and Motors.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Don't know though, maybe he had a point !

Attachments

• post-5604-12960463430192.jpg
    post-5604-12960463430192.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 82

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If you've ever worked in a mixed workplace, you know the answer: because it's all part of a culture of sexism and bullying, which ensures that women can't be confident at work. You can switch off Loose Women; if you work with Andy Gray, you can't switch him off. You either confront him and risk harming your career, or you let it pass and feel humiliated.

What about blokes who work on Loose Women (I assume there are some?)?

I bet they don't kick up a fuss!!

Actually that's a little harsh, I haven't seen or heard of a single stoat who have moaned about this, it's only been complete wet blokes on here, most of which probably didn't like Gray or Keys beforehand.

I can take or leave Gray and Keys is just an anchor, you can replace him with anyone but this whole story has been blown out of all proportion, losing their jobs seems harsh. That said they'll both do all right out of it thanks to the celebrity obsessed country we live in so I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether they'll be able to put food on the table as it's just tomorrows chip paper as far as I"m concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here