Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fareham info

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
I've just got a new job, on a short contract, near Fareham. I don't know the area at all but need to rent a room down there. Ideally near a train station and shortish drive to junction 9 (swanwick) of M27.

Can any of the good people of NSC flourish me with advice?

Muchos gracias in advance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't stay in Portsmouth.

It's what the remains of Earth will look like if it all goes tits up with the Large Hadron Collider experiment this week.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
There are houses around Fareham train station, but the drive in and out of Fareham at rush hour is anything but "short". If you are working at Swanwick, then I would rent somewhere there. If you are only looking at 4 nights a week, then try some of the pubs around there. Whereabouts are you working, I may be able to help you some more once I know! Can you run to a "Travel Inn" or something similar?

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
There are houses around Fareham train station, but the drive in and out of Fareham at rush hour is anything but "short". If you are working at Swanwick, then I would rent somewhere there. If you are only looking at 4 nights a week, then try some of the pubs around there. Whereabouts are you working, I may be able to help you some more once I know! Can you run to a "Travel Inn" or something similar?

Cheers. I'm working in Whitley, right next to junction 9 of M27. So anywhere closeish to that or easy access to motorway would be good. Whats swanwick like? I'll be there for 10months so prefer a room, and ideally somewhere with a bit going on, cinema, bars etc.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Swanwick is kind of a "nowhere" place - the only decent pub there is the Spinnaker. There is a train station (of sorts) there, called Bursledon. Whiteley is wierd - kind of a mistake town they built and forgot to put the services in as well. There are bars in Whiteley, but they are more like wine bars for the yuppies who couldn't get jobs in the 80s. Very odd.

There should be plenty of accommodation in Fareham - take at look at Portsmouth Today: News, Sport, Jobs, Property, Cars, Entertainments More - there is a railway station there. Nightlife in Fareham - not a clue, don't go there unless I can help it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why would you want to move down there? It's less than an hour's drive from Hove.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Swanwick is kind of a "nowhere" place - the only decent pub there is the Spinnaker. There is a train station (of sorts) there, called Bursledon. Whiteley is wierd - kind of a mistake town they built and forgot to put the services in as well. There are bars in Whiteley, but they are more like wine bars for the yuppies who couldn't get jobs in the 80s. Very odd.

There should be plenty of accommodation in Fareham - take at look at Portsmouth Today: News, Sport, Jobs, Property, Cars, Entertainments More - there is a railway station there. Nightlife in Fareham - not a clue, don't go there unless I can help it.

The train station in Swanwick is called Swanwick. Bursledon train station is in Bursledon.

Whiteley is purely residential with a big business park.

You should look for accomodation in Locks Heath, Park Gate or Sarisbury Green, al of which are closer to Whiteley that Fareham is.

Kam's Palace in Park Gate is lovely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here