Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO The "I'm Not Renewing" Brigade...

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Recently I've seen a lot of posters on here saying they won't renew season tickets if we don't keep players, progress, sack poyet etc.

What's going on? I for one, have a season ticket because I support my local league team, and will continue to go whatever happens.

People seem to be forgetting what football really is.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Recently I've seen a lot of posters on here saying they won't renew season tickets if we don't keep players, progress, sack poyet etc.

What's going on? I for one, have a season ticket because I support my local league team, and will continue to go whatever happens.

People seem to be forgetting what football really is.

Agreed. But what we will find is the same people who are going to chuck it in (despite only being half way through the season) will be the very same complaining when we eventually get to the Prem that they cannot get a ticket. IDIOTS.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree. But there are a good 12,000 or so who didn't agree all the time we were at Withdean so not sure why people expect them to now.

And no matter how hardcore your love for a club, the issue of cost and whether you can justify it will come into play. Some people just have other priorities and they shouldn't feel ashamed of that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The beauty of the direct debit scheme is that a lot of these people will be too lazy to actually cancel it so they'll be back next year anyway.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What is it?

22 chaps running up and down a field chasing a ball which they hope to kick into a special netted structure. It's something they learnt at school or cubs and it reminds them of their yoof while, at the same time, makes them think they are part of a little battling army with 25,000 foot-soldiers waiting in the wings.

Supporting your local team and getting behind them with passion. Simple as.

To me it's a day out with my mates, having a laugh and a few beers, the football is secondary, always has been.

But you have to remember that quite a large number of our ST holders probably never went anywhere near Withdean, they have bought into success and were probably thinking promotion to the Premiership was a given. Now that dream looks further away and the prospect of selling some of our better players is enough to convince them to get back on the sofa with the remote control and go back to watching *insert current form team here*.

And if they do, shorter queues at the beer kiosks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
22 chaps running up and down a field chasing a ball which they hope to kick into a special netted structure. It's something they learnt at school or cubs and it reminds them of their yoof while, at the same time, makes them think they are part of a little battling army with 25,000 foot-soldiers waiting in the wings.

Sounds wicked! How can I be a part of this?

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
What everyone has to remember nothing is given it has to be earned and if they are to shallow to see that don't renew.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
i think you will find as people don't renew the clamour to become a new season ticket holder will diminish :mad:

i think you will find that very few people will not renew. Only those who expected us to walk the league this year will as they have no sense of reality :mad:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This.

Let them go if they want, no real loss and loads of people are waiting for season tickets anyway.

Glad you're not the Chief Executive with that attitude.

Allegedly we are losing money the last thing the club needs is to lose "customers".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here