Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Sussex CCC re. your 12pm ticket "rule"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To whom it may concern at Sussex CCC: having your very unpleasant TICKET OFFICE staff refuse to sell me two tickets for tonight's 20/20 because I've dared to call for them after 12pm - at, erm, 12.12pm to be precise - is very f***ing STUPID. AAARGH. "Why don't you just sell me the tickets?" "We have a rule". "But why? I can't make it there before 3pm" "Sorry, it's a rule".

But then...to hope to me on the phone that the game sells out after NOT selling me two tickets is f***ing REALLY STUPID. AAAAAAARGH.

Anyway, I'm in a stupidly good mood and this wasn't going to change that. But by god it seems a really f***ing stupid to treat potential customers to me. Thanks for listening.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Have you tried their message board? might have more of a response from that one as the CEO posts on there sometimes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
People do need to use their initiative and common sense. Unless physically impossible, I don't see why the rule can't be bent.

cricket_buddy_dog_shirt-p15588077478788520322hfy_210.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thats f***ing silly. I bet also that unlike the Albion you cant buy up to half hr before the game online either.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Have you tried their message board? might have more of a response from that one as the CEO posts on there sometimes.

True - I haven't tbh. I'm not that bothered about having a lengthy explanation from them or whatever, I just wanted two tickets, from a ticket person that I was talking to, to collect later. It just seems so irritatingly jobsworth to me that I laughed at her.

Thats f***ing silly. I bet also that unlike the Albion you cant buy up to half hr before the game online either.

That's right, you couldn't even buy them online this morning. If I'd known about this all-important rule I'd obviously have spent less time being rude to people on NSC and got on it earlier.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What are the rules then?

I always book in advance or pay on the gate. You can't buy tickets on the phone after 12pm?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont think you can buy tickets full stop after 12?

I guess its so they can work out how many tickets have been sold and what the likley attendance is going to be?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont think you can buy tickets full stop after 12?

I guess its so they can work out how many tickets have been sold and what the likley attendance is going to be?

Thing is tho the Albion can do the online thing at shitty old withers so why cant SCCC?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What are the rules then?

I always book in advance or pay on the gate. You can't buy tickets on the phone after 12pm?

For an evening 20/20 games they stop selling them over the phone at 12pm and at the ticket office at the ground at 3pm.

There's an automated message informing you of this when you phone them. When this revenue-denying harridan answered after that message and I said I wanted to buy tickets, the first thing she said was "didn't you just hear the message?". I said I had. "But you want to try to buy tickets anyway?"...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yet another reason why I can't be bothered with 20/20 matches.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You can pay on the gate though, can't you?

She mentioned this. I'd rather not have to rush from Brighton station in a cab after leaving work early and still have some kind of ambiguity about whether or not we can get in: after all, it is likely to sell out. I mentioned this to her. She said "yeah, hopefully it'll sell out". The irony - that it would, if you come to think of it, actually sell out just that tiny little bit faster if she'd sold me two tickets - should perhaps not be lost here.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
She mentioned this. I'd rather not have to rush from Brighton station in a cab after leaving work early and still have some kind of ambiguity about whether or not we can get in: after all, it is likely to sell out. I mentioned this to her. She said "yeah, hopefully it'll sell out". The irony - that it would, if you come to think of it, actually sell out just that tiny little bit faster if she'd sold me two tickets - should perhaps not be lost here.

I am planning to pay on the gate. Are you sure about it being a sell out? What with us having already qualified and the weather not being fantastic. What have the other 20 20 games at Hove been like this season. Were they sell outs?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can pay on the gate though, can't you?

R u going with ur bro tonight bud?

Also r u HPCC it tommorow or destroying Cecil in this golf tourno?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I am planning to pay on the gate. Are you sure about it being a sell out? What with us having already qualified and the weather not being fantastic. What have the other 20 20 games at Hove been like this season. Were they sell outs?

Hopefully sell out...so its possible it may not.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Tavern will be quiet at HPCC tomorrow.

Just me :( and Watto if it's not TOO cloudy bah...

Ces r u 20/20 it tonight to watch the mighty already qualified SHARKS?

I'm skint :( trying to blag a ticket from someone as we spk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here