Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAO PC Darren Balkham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just before this World Cup, on daytime TV I came across an interesting documentary following the cat and mouse games between English hooligans and police in Amsterdam this March when Holland played England.

The top bloke from UK police over there and all round security guru was ..... Darren Balkham.

I hadn't realised that he held such a lofty national position. I had. thought that he only had a parochial role, policing games at The Amex.

Most of the counties have a Football liaison policeman or whatever they are. You see them at England games away too. Don’t think Darren is the ‘top bloke’ just part of a team. Didn’t see him in Russia for example

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just before this World Cup, on daytime TV I came across an interesting documentary following the cat and mouse games between English hooligans and police in Amsterdam this March when Holland played England.

The top bloke from UK police over there and all round security guru was ..... Darren Balkham.

I hadn't realised that he held such a lofty national position. I had. thought that he only had a parochial role, policing games at The Amex.

Ah perhaps he can help re the 60 or so wrongful arrests on the bridge from the local old bill - does he post on here?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most of the counties have a Football liaison policeman or whatever they are. You see them at England games away too. Don’t think Darren is the ‘top bloke’ just part of a team. Didn’t see him in Russia for example

The TV team worked beside him, so he featured heavily in the recent documentary.

I can't trace the programme, to give others on NSC a link.

If anyone here knows Darren Balkam (in a friendly way!), perhaps he can mention the TV channel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here