Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO - Ernest the One Trick Pony

Didn't want you forgetting about your big chance to prove your not a wind up so I've started your own thread. Answers to the following please :-

If you are serious in your opinions and not just a one joke wonder on a wind up - answer the questions you are being asked and stop resorting to insults and rhetoric.

Who are these investors?
Why do they want to invest one month before a decision on the stadium is announced?
Are they existing fans or chancers after asset stripping and profiteering?
Explain how you know Dick Knight is in total control and that the other directors are so incompetent as to let him be?
Which players would you get rid of and how much would it cost in compensation?
How much will be invested and what structure would you put in place to stop the club going the way of Sheff Wed, Notts County, Oldham, Leeds etc.?
Do you have ANY actual proof of any of the spurious claims you make or are you guessing?
Why do you think you know best even though your opinions seem to be in the large minority?
Do you know anything about the basic planning process, let alone the process for a huge project?
Did you see fit to visit the Public Enquiry and see the infintessimal details the application had to go into?

I could go on but I await you reply with interest. I'm expecting to hear Dick Tight, Twat, Muppet and to be involved. Or the thread to go dead like so many others when your rhetoric is laid bare.

Prove me wrong.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The fact that this thread has sunk almost to the bottom of Page 1 without a resonse answers your questions I think TGC.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm bouncing this so there's another chance for you ernest or any of your alter egos to respond.

Strange how you resort to silence when a sensible response is the order of the day?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
to the tune of rudolph...

ernest the one trick pony
has a very shiny nob
and the reason that its so shiny
is cos its always up fg's arse

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite simply, he CAN'T respond to an intelligent post such as the one The Great Cornholio put up earlier.

Ernest couldn't win a battle of wits with a retarded chimp.
He couldn't debate the colour of shit with a toilet attendent.
He wouldn't know a convincing argument if dragged him in off the street and gave him a haircut.

Can you imagine arguing with Ernest face-to-face ? It must be like trying to debate the Exchange Rate Mechanism with a four year old. Within seconds they have no idea what you are talking about, get completely out of their depth, start floundering and so fall back on what they know best. The four year old will poke its tongue out and blow a raspberry. Ernest will trot out the old "Dick Tight ruining the club...blah blah...Get Magoo out....blah..blah...", as that is the only way he knows how to respond when people come back at him and challenge his views. He answers questions with questions, ignores what he doesn't understand, then cuts and pastes his standard responses add infinitum.

Its getting REALLY boring now.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Is Ernest the same person as E-Block Ernie, or is he just a copy cat?

E-Block Ernie used to be pretty funny, but Ernest is less amusing. Perhaps E-B E has simply run out of material.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Easy 10 said:
Quite simply, he CAN'T respond to an intelligent post such as the one The Great Cornholio put up earlier.

Ernest couldn't win a battle of wits with a retarded chimp.
He couldn't debate the colour of shit with a toilet attendent.
He wouldn't know a convincing argument if dragged him in off the street and gave him a haircut.

Can you imagine arguing with Ernest face-to-face ? It must be like trying to debate the Exchange Rate Mechanism with a four year old. Within seconds they have no idea what you are talking about, get completely out of their depth, start floundering and so fall back on what they know best. The four year old will poke its tongue out and blow a raspberry. Ernest will trot out the old "Dick Tight ruining the club...blah blah...Get Magoo out....blah..blah...", as that is the only way he knows how to respond when people come back at him and challenge his views. He answers questions with questions, ignores what he doesn't understand, then cuts and pastes his standard responses add infinitum.

Its getting REALLY boring now.

Not half as boring as you trying to make out you're some sort of expert when you're a complete fuckwit and probably Potless himself :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
Not half as boring as you trying to make out you're some sort of expert when you're a complete fuckwit and probably Potless himself :D
Oi, twat.
I don't claim to be any great expert. I deal with the simple FACTS, its YOU who tries to come across as some big know-all with all the crud you spout about Dick Knight ripping the club off, as though it were fact. Got some inside info on the club have you ? Got a little exclusive source in the club telling you all the juicy details about "Dick Tight" and what he does with his mountains of cash you endlessly tell us he's got ? Thats when you're not telling us all that he's "Potless". You can't even make your own mind up half the time.

You present your spurious claims as though they were fact and expect us all to swallow them and hail you as some kind of inspirational guiding light. Well here's your wake-up call, sunshine. You're a two-bob wind up merchant who sounds like a stuck record, and I think I can speak for the majority of posters on here when I say "Ernest - we're bored with you. Just do us all a favour and disappear".

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Easy 10 said:
Oi, twat.
I don't claim to be any great expert. I deal with the simple FACTS, its YOU who tries to come across as some big know-all with all the crud you spout about Dick Knight ripping the club off, as though it were fact. Got some inside info on the club have you ? Got a little exclusive source in the club telling you all the juicy details about "Dick Tight" and what he does with his mountains of cash you endlessly tell us he's got ? Thats when you're not telling us all that he's "Potless". You can't even make your own mind up half the time.

You present your spurious claims as though they were fact and expect us all to swallow them and hail you as some kind of inspirational guiding light. Well here's your wake-up call, sunshine. You're a two-bob wind up merchant who sounds like a stuck record, and I think I can speak for the majority of posters on here when I say "Ernest - we're bored with you. Just do us all a favour and disappear".

Here are two facts for you.....

1/ I will put in 2million into the team for strengthening said by Dick Knight in 1997

2/ Selling tickets for Withdean before he has planning permission or the ground is even built, yet again done by Dick Knight.

So if you want to trust him up to you, when and it's a f***ing big when and Falmer is built and financed by Dick Knight I will take my hat off to him and say I was wrong until then the present position remains.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
Here are two facts for you.....

1/ I will put in 2million into the team for strengthening said by Dick Knight in 1997

2/ Selling tickets for Withdean before he has planning permission or the ground is even built, yet again done by Dick Knight.

1. This theory seems to have been doing the rounds for a while now. I'm not going to pretend I can recall Dick Knights exact wording on this 2 million you claim he said he was going to lavish on the team at the time, but it seems like a bit of a myth. I have NEVER seen this quote by Knight written anywhere. I DO know that Knight had to undertake and shoulder the responsibility of getting Brighton and Hove Albion back to Sussex, and had to stump up a couple of million to get Withdean Stadium up to scratch so that the Football League would allow us to play there. If that then meant that the funding for the team had to be more modest, then so be it. We still subsequently won back-to-back Championships for christs sake.

2. Your point here makes no sense whatsoever. Selling tickets for Withdean before its built ? Eh ?
I assume you mean selling season tickets for "Falmer", and are referring to the 10 year season tickets that went on offer. So it's not actually selling season tickets SPECIFICALLY for the Falmer stadium, is it ? If the worst happened and Falmer was turned down, those who bought the 10 year season tickets would obviously still be able to present them at Withdean, wouldn't they. They're not going to turn up at Withdean and be told "Sorry mate. Thats a FALMER season ticket, and we never got that stadium, did we. Its no good here".
Is that your claim, Ernest ?? Jesus, I am starting to worry about you

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Easy 10 said:
1. This theory seems to have been doing the rounds for a while now. I'm not going to pretend I can recall Dick Knights exact wording on this 2 million you claim he said he was going to lavish on the team at the time, but it seems like a bit of a myth. I have NEVER seen this quote by Knight written anywhere. I DO know that Knight had to undertake and shoulder the responsibility of getting Brighton and Hove Albion back to Sussex, and had to stump up a couple of million to get Withdean Stadium up to scratch so that the Football League would allow us to play there. If that then meant that the funding for the team had to be more modest, then so be it. We still subsequently won back-to-back Championships for christs sake.

2. Your point here makes no sense whatsoever. Selling tickets for Withdean before its built ? Eh ?
I assume you mean selling season tickets for "Falmer", and are referring to the 10 year season tickets that went on offer. So it's not actually selling season tickets SPECIFICALLY for the Falmer stadium, is it ? If the worst happened and Falmer was turned down, those who bought the 10 year season tickets would obviously still be able to present them at Withdean, wouldn't they. They're not going to turn up at Withdean and be told "Sorry mate. Thats a FALMER season ticket, and we never got that stadium, did we. Its no good here".
Is that your claim, Ernest ?? Jesus, I am starting to worry about you

You're wrong the club sold tickets for the 1998/99 season saying they would be playing at Withdean and then offered a little bit of compo to make up for the f*** up.
So before you have a dig check your facts or haven't you been a fan that long ?

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Ernest said:
You're wrong the club sold tickets for the 1998/99 season saying they would be playing at Withdean and then offered a little bit of compo to make up for the f*** up.

I like you ernest as not many other people do :blush:

I like reading other peoples opinions, Would be rather boring keep agreeing with Easy greesy 10 :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
So the club made a mistake, compensated the fans accordingly, and a year later than planned kicked off at Withdean....your problem with this is what ?

I'm sure in YOUR world Ernest, everything runs like clockwork, nothing ever gets delayed or goes wrong. But when you are trying to move a football club from one county back to another, and directly into the very heart of NIMBY-Land its not out of the realms of possibility that hitches might occur. You're the big f***ing expert though arn't you Ernest, would never have happened if YOU were in charge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
1.. I'm not going to pretend I can recall Dick Knights exact wording on this 2 million you claim he said he was going to lavish on the team at the time, but it seems like a bit of a myth.

I can recall a newspaper quote attributed to DK about a 2 million injection into the team, regardless of whether we were in Div 3 or the Conference. This was shortly before the Hereford game. I remember the quote, because I wondered about DK's ability to deliver his promises, as the following season we were struggling at Gillingham again, without any noticeable investment in the team.

DK has proved to be the best thing that has happened to this club recently but he can sometimes promise more than he delivers. He is a football chairman not the Messiah so he ain't gonna be perfect.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So Dick Knight couldn't deliver on his pledge of £2 million to strengthen the team, and instead had to pour the resources into firstly getting the Albion back to Sussex, and secondly into getting planning permission for a new stadium. Perhaps he didn't fully appreciate at the time the horrifying costs that have been involved in achieving those two goals.

Does anyone here wish that Dick had stuck to his intitial pledge then, and spent £2 million on the team instead ? Left us playing at Pissfield, with no new stadium application on the horizon, but with £2 million pounds worth of players trotting around in Division Three ?
I suppose anyone who has an axe to grind with Knight can throw this in his face. I for one think he performed life-saving surgeory on this club when it was on its knees, and since then has done all he can to keep it on an even keel until we get the stadium.

Ernest, you're like a kid who was promised a christmas present and had it taken away. You are simply incapable of seeing the bigger picture, arn't you ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Easy 10 said:
So Dick Knight couldn't deliver on his pledge of £2 million to strengthen the team, and instead had to pour the resources into firstly getting the Albion back to Sussex, and secondly into getting planning permission for a new stadium. Perhaps he didn't fully appreciate at the time the horrifying costs that have been involved in achieving those two goals.

Does anyone here wish that Dick had stuck to his intitial pledge then, and spent £2 million on the team instead ? Left us playing at Pissfield, with no new stadium application on the horizon, but with £2 million pounds worth of players trotting around in Division Three ?
I suppose anyone who has an axe to grind with Knight can throw this in his face. I for one think he performed life-saving surgeory on this club when it was on its knees, and since then has done all he can to keep it on an even keel until we get the stadium.

Ernest, you're like a kid who was promised a christmas present and had it taken away. You are simply incapable of seeing the bigger picture, arn't you ?

Once a bullshitter always a bullshitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here