Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] FAO Brighton Pavilion Constituents Greens or Reds?

Who’s gonna get your vote

• Green Party

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Reform

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Intentional Spoiling Ballot Paper

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Not bothering

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m not in this constituency but am genuinely fascinated as to the outcome, no tactical voting required here, will the Greens get another chance or will Labour grab the seat and turn Brighton all red?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Me and partner both green.

Out of those with signs in the window I'd say 80% are green and 20% Labour, at least around Preston Park.

In fact I've only received leaflets and a visit from the Greens, none from Labour or anyone else.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting, I thought Tom would be out and about getting busy
The canvassers for Labour were the first ones down our street, followed a week later by the Greens. Wonder how much of the Green vote for the last three elections was a personal vote for Caroline Lucas. Reckon their share of the vote will be well down this time round

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The green candidate Sian Berry who has ZERO connections with Brighton, let alone Sussex

Does not get my vote this time, I have voted green the last 3 elections fyi.
She’s lived in Brighton since 2023. Besides, does it really matter? The question isn’t how long you’ve lived somewhere but whether you think they will be a good MP.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The canvassers for Labour were the first ones down our street, followed a week later by the Greens. Wonder how much of the Green vote for the last three elections was a personal vote for Caroline Lucas. Reckon their share of the vote will be well down this time round
I’ll be interested to see if the citywide ceremonial dumping of the majority of Green Cllr’s in favour of Labour alternatives plays out the in Constituency voting for the election

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Labour been down our street twice already. The Green councils inability to keep pavements safe will make this election a close one. Caroline Lucas was very highly thought of.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In fact I've only received leaflets and a visit from the Greens, none from Labour or anyone else.
Interestingly we've had the complete opposite. Leaflets from Labour every couple of days, just one from the Greens and one from the Tories. We've also had a visit from several canvassers, including Tom himself. No canvassers from any other party.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Labour. Hope they win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The green candidate Sian Berry who has ZERO connections with Brighton, let alone Sussex

Does not get my vote this time, I have voted green the last 3 elections fyi.
You are aware that when you put that X by Caroline Lucas' name she had ZERO connections with Brighton, let alone Sussex, and had been parachuted in from Brussels and stood against the local candidate, Keith Taylor (RIP)?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've had nothing from Labour but two visits from the Greens, and I'm voting for them for several reasons.

First, and it's the same as when I voted for Caroline Lucas the first time she stood, I think it's important for democracy in this country that there should be a Green voice in Parliament. Brighton Pavilion is one of the places that can make that happen.

Second, I actually saw Sian Berry interviewed on TV, which was a first amid the wall-to-wall pandering to Nigel Farage, and I liked what she had to say.

And third - and maybe most important - I can't bring myself to vote for a Labour Party that says they have no plans to rejoin the EU. In fact, their whole manifesto is a cowardly, craven refusal to give the electorate what they (say they) want for fear of annoying the red wall voters who defected to the Tories (and were betrayed, to nobody's surprise) last time. Nobody has the capacity to disappoint you like Labour.

To those who say that Sian Berry has no connection with Brighton, CL didn't have much of one either before standing here but became the best constituency MP we've ever had. And as for the Greens' terrible record of running the council, that was separate from what Caroline Lucas did as our representative in Westminster.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
She’s lived in Brighton since 2023. Besides, does it really matter? The question isn’t how long you’ve lived somewhere but whether you think they will be a good MP.
For me yes it does matter where our prospective MP comes from and lives, living since 2023 is purely to get on the ticket. No I don't think she will be anywhere near as good as Caroline Lucas.
So I'm out on voting Green in this election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here