Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO: BHAFC Fans Within LDC Area - Withold Symbolic Amount From Yer Council Tax?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Believe £56.25 would be a reasonable amount...

Double-whammy there - causes the present LDC junta extreme discomfort while throwing the spotlight once again on the swine responsible for all this :censored:

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I think that for any discomfort to take effect you'd need to get around 1,000 people to do it.
How many NSChatters are in the LDC catchment?
How many would have the bottle to see it through?
Would YOU risk PRISON for your football club?

This nice idea would have to go beyond & become bigger than a NSC scheme, and that means having to use other media.
Make a list of media outlets, established or otherwise, who are going to condone or support the non-payment of some council tax.
:glare:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
THPP whipping up a bit of civil ANARCHY. Thats what we need.

Good work fella :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
THPP whipping up a bit of civil ANARCHY. Thats what we need.

Good work fella :clap:

Cheers matey - tho it was YOUR righteous anger on t'other thread thatwhipped me up into suggesting it. So good work YERSELF fella :clap: :clap:

And if every Albion fan in the LDC area participated in this gentle ever-so-BRITISH bit of civil disobedience then - hey! - maybe it might just be enough to make the LDC councillors go and sit in the corner and think about what they'd done :dunce:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
It's a bit of a bastard to do if you pay by direct debit.

I suppose you could cancel the last direct debit of the financial year, but you'd have to do that in 12 months' time, when we will have been granted planning permission for our stadium.

Maybe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
You'd need 1,067 people to dock £56.25 off the council tax bill in order to deprive the council of £60,000 - the same amount of money LDC has spent fighting this particular part of the Inquiry.

Or (say) a hundred people who incurred LDC the costs of pursuing the thing through the courts. That'd burn a bit of money. And even if it didn't, every single person who withheld a symbolic amount for as long as they felt comfortable with would have done their bit and could award themselves a :angel:

LDC - time to f*** 'EM UP! :salute:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
It's a bit of a bastard to do if you pay by direct debit.

I suppose you could cancel the last direct debit of the financial year, but you'd have to do that in 12 months' time, when we will have been granted planning permission for our stadium.

Maybe.

That's the way I was thinking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Couldn't you just write to your bank and ask them to deduct £4.69 less from your account in respect of Direct Debit to LDC every month?

Or cancel it, and then set it up again with the suitably adjusted amount.

Come on folks, there's ways and there's WAYS if you want it bad enough...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The value of a Direct Debit is dictated by the claimant - by setting up a d/d, you are giving permission for the claimant to take the required amount from your account each month. Its flexible in that its variable, so you don't need to bother doing anything to change it if the amout to pay alters (often used to pay credit card bills, as the amount can vary from month to month).

The way to f*** it up for the council is to cancel your d/d, and instead set up a standing order. A s/o is different, because YOU dictate the exact monthly amount you are going to set it up for, and thats all it will pay. Just deduct that £56.25, set your standing order up to the council for the remainder, and bobs yer knob.

If enough LDC council tax payers did this, I'm sure it would cause some major headaches for that lot. OK, in the end they'll get their money I suppose, but nothing wrong with causing some unwanted aggravation. And its the kind of thing that will certainly get some press coverage, and draw some embarrassing attention to what those shysters are doing to the club at this god-forsaken inquiry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here