Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO: Attila, Re: AFC Wimbledon / MK Dons

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you think I could get the tenner back that I spunked on a 40/1 shot on Saturday? It was clearly a ludicrous bet, after all.
Another hotshot from US ?:lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So bullies and cynics can post any old crap and you're only allowed to give it back within
NSC - appointed boundaries! 'I suppose AFC Wimbledon was declared a draw'.....bloody hilarious that, people having their team called something else and moved 70 miles away...really great for those fans...give 'em another kick while they're down. Quite apart from the precedent it sets which could wreck many more clubs in the future.

Oh, no, it's not about that, it's about a BET I made that I'm WELCHING on.
There's £500 going behind the bar from me at the inaugural game at our new stadium.
That's what I've already said I'll do, that's what I'm going to do. As a thankyou to everyone who stood with us in our hour of need.
No WELCHING from me - just solidarity, and standing up to bullies, rip off merchants and cynics everywhere. Live and on NSC alike. Although I prefer to conduct my arguments/discussions/whatever face to face, so if anyone has any further comments (especially you, Simster) I'm not difficult to find...

Fans United WILL never be defeated!
A
Didnt think I would do this twice in one thread but :bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
we could organise a fundraising evening!

And we could make some more Albion / Wrexham scarves to sell.

Or any other Welch team for that matter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
PLEASE not a poem :angry::angry::angry:

Lets chip in and pay his bets off for him.................... just as long as he promises...

NO MORE POEMS PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lets chip in and pay his bets off for him.................... just as long as he promises...

NO MORE POEMS PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.
What about limericks , are they OK ? :lol:

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
and attilas pledge to put 500 over the bar,

read again,he is going to do a benefit,so we pay him..... and he puts SOME of that "over the bar".

he uses our money (a bit of it anyway) to cover for a bet he WELCHED on

and malcom maclaren rated the sex pistols as THE GREAT ROCK AND ROLL SWINDLE..... he obviously never met attila

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I dont deny that attila has seemingly welched on this bet. But technically TLB hasnt actually won the bet yet. IF (I know the chances are extreemly slim) Mk Dons were to go bust then Mr Stockbroker has won the bet. The date was 22/12/09, so we will see what happens by then. (TLB has every right to try to cliam victory in this btw) . To say its A "wind up" though is ludicrous.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well, I guess I miscalculated on this one. I thought I was totally justified in doing what I did, and I can assure you that I know the score as far as AFC and Franchise are concerned - but in your eyes I appear to have turned a sneering cynic into a hero, and made myself look like a knob who welched on a bet. I wear my heart on my sleeve, always have, always will, but I am not having fellow Albion fans think of me like that. Bluebird, name your charity. You'll get your money.

Within a few years Franchise will be in the Championship, and in all likelihood other clubs will no longer exist because of the precedent set. The grass roots of our game is being destroyed, and I care passionately about that.....

Shame there is so much cynicism on NSC. Maybe I brought this one on myself. Wouldn't be the first time, online or off. But I care, I get stuck in. That's how I am.....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well, I guess I miscalculated on this one. I thought I was totally justified in doing what I did, and I can assure you that I know the score as far as AFC and Franchise are concerned - but in your eyes I appear to have turned a sneering cynic into a hero, and made myself look like a knob who welched on a bet. I wear my heart on my sleeve, always have, always will, but I am not having fellow Albion fans think of me like that. Bluebird, name your charity. You'll get your money.

Within a few years Franchise will be in the Championship, and in all likelihood other clubs will no longer exist because of the precedent set. The grass roots of our game is being destroyed, and I care passionately about that.....

Shame there is so much cynicism on NSC. Maybe I brought this one on myself. Wouldn't be the first time, online or off. But I care, I get stuck in. That's how I am.....

Personally I would have loved it if you had won the bet, and Franchise had slowly disappeared. But that seemingly won't be happening. Anyway that's not the point here. The bet was made, and has to be paid, although technically not until 2009. (although having seen AFC play this year the chances of them gaining league status within my lifetime let alone the next couple of years is rather remote.)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Please not another poem

Jul 20, 2003
Well done Mr The Stockbroker

I'm sure Mr Bluebird will apply the funds wisely

in other news:

£10,000,000,000 says Attila * is the next poet Laureate

and I'll stick a few quid behind the bar if any St Pauli fans want a pint if it doesn't happen

any takers?

*'Atilla' if we use the spelling on the shit book about Brighton & Hove pubs

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jesus Christ, you brought this on yourself! You made a bet, you welched on it, the proof is in Bozza's post - have some humility FFS! And there really is nothing sneering about Bluebird. He may be cynical about the usefulness of yet another fans united campaign, but it hasn't stopped him contributing to various fighting funds at away grounds in any case. Lets face it, you don't like the fact that he dared to question fans united. Could you re-read that thread and tell us where exactly he sneers please?

So where you have badly miscalculated is that you expected fellow Albion fans to sympathise with your welching or at the very least be appeased by the promise of a £500 bar bill for some of your mates and presumably various Albion "gentry". But no, you've simply been shamed into paying up on a bet you made by NSCers with priniciples. Personally, I think it's the right outcome, and well done to you for paying up.

I'm praying that you're wrong here. I think there are alot of us who still care. I lived in Wimbledon for a decade until 2 years ago, and have a couple of AFC Wimbledon fans as friends. The novelty of shit non-league football is apparently wearing off now, the non-league scene doesn't particularly like the fact that AFC Wimbledon are a huge fish in a tiny pond any more. Progress up the leagues needs to be made by that club, and I can't help thinking that their purchase of Kingstonian's ground is NOT going to help them in the long run either. :(

Personally I don't think a franchise will ever be allowed again, and certainly not in an era where 10 points are deducted for going into administration (a fairly trivial discretion in many cases). It's not just AFC W fans who felt aggrieved and let down by the franchise idea. I think Luton, Northampton and Oxford can also be a little miffed at a new club being transplanted onto their doorsteps with a 25k stadium in the pipeline!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here