Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO All the SCR phone-in snipers.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Its very well week in week out knocking the content of the show but as I've said before its only as good as the callers, if the content is weak I have to speak a bit more than I should.
So therefore for all the people that are quick to have a go e-mail me at harty@tiscali.co.uk with your proper names and phone numbers and I will get you all on after the Luton game on Monday, you've all got plenty to say so it should just be a case of me introducing the caller, various points being made and then me thanking you for calling.
I can hardly wait......
Harty

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Err why are you repeating you message on another thread ?

We know what you're saying.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry Beach Hut but after a long day I get home and its the same old shit about the phone-in on NSC, I put it on its own thread so no one misses it nad all the crtics have ample opportunity to come on the show on Monday.
Harty

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The problem with the phone in is that you are unlikely to get anyone at the game calling either home or away unless by mobile.

As texts are cheaper most fans may send one, suggest texts take more priority - especially as read by the nice lady !

Thank her for reading out mine - I might phone in Monday but the one complaining about the shorts was a classic !

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I phoned after Forest last season - "We played like Brazil" :dunce:

Beach Hut. It's no problem. You just give 'em your number and they ring you back. Even cheaper if you email Harty your number!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thankfully he saw the light

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
They phoned me up out the blue after the Bradford game. It was quite embarrassing actually as my then girlfriend was getting very friendly with a part of my anatomy!!
She carried on while I chatted to Harty, all my mates heard it & knew something was up, (ooer Mrs!)
:lolol:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Here is something I posted on another thread after a comment by Tom Hark.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park
Harty - the phone-in could be excellent, and sometimes is, but you really do have a problem with getting time-wasters off the line. And that's down to YOU. It's not a case of somebody else having a go if they can do better, you do pretty good, it's just you're missing a bog-standard interviewing technique - getting muppets off the line in order to stop the majority of your listeners switching off. There's probably a half-day course the Beeb do on it or something. That bloke banging on about the stitching of his daughter's shorts is a case in point. Leaving aside the obvious question of why he didn't demand a refund or replacement pair from the shop, you did everything right by the guy. Told him who to contact, where and when, and the poor sap wasn't even listening to your answers. At that point a polite 'f*** You, Loser, If You Wont Listen When Im Trying To Help You' would have sufficed. Then we could have got back to talking about the football.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't agree more, The phone in could be great. He should get people from the Away following at the end of matches to say something or go into the crowd at withdean at half time and get people to speak to him after the game. Instead of getting wallys from horsham or wherever calling about absolutely nothing.

FAO Harty, I tried to call SCR about three seperate times and couldn't get through! I tried for about an hour after the Prosser fiasco. Thought if any SCR phone in would be good it should have been that one. So much to talk about. Instead you had some numpty talking about re locating to Waterhall, zzzzzz!!!! Not even a subject. The callers should be asked by the producer what point they want to make and then dropped if the calls are about quality of stitching.

Last edited:

MRRF 10

Captain Sensible said:
Here is something I posted on another thread after a comment by Tom Hark.

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park
Harty - the phone-in could be excellent, and sometimes is, but you really do have a problem with getting time-wasters off the line. And that's down to YOU. It's not a case of somebody else having a go if they can do better, you do pretty good, it's just you're missing a bog-standard interviewing technique - getting muppets off the line in order to stop the majority of your listeners switching off. There's probably a half-day course the Beeb do on it or something. That bloke banging on about the stitching of his daughter's shorts is a case in point. Leaving aside the obvious question of why he didn't demand a refund or replacement pair from the shop, you did everything right by the guy. Told him who to contact, where and when, and the poor sap wasn't even listening to your answers. At that point a polite 'f*** You, Loser, If You Wont Listen When Im Trying To Help You' would have sufficed. Then we could have got back to talking about the football.

Couldn't agree more, The phone in could be great. He should get people from the Away following at the end of matches to say something or go into the crowd at withdean at half time and get people to speak to him after the game. Instead of getting wallys from horsham or wherever calling about absolutely nothing.

FAO Harty, I tried to call SCR about three seperate times and couldn't get through! I tried for about an hour after the Prosser fiasco. Thought if any SCR phone in would be good it should have been that one. So much to talk about. Instead you had some numpty talking about re locating to Waterhall, zzzzzz!!!! Not even a subject. The callers should be asked by the producer what point they want to make and then dropped if the calls are about quality of stitching.

i agree, but what is there to stop the people changing there subject once there on air.

Have more interviews,with the crowd, home and away and the players/manger- which could if possible be interviewing both sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here