Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Absolute GOONS in H Block

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
f***ing bash him for his other posts all you want but you know he has a point, not that we wouldnt have conceded if they hadnt been chanting at slade but let face it, it doesnt achieve anything does it, there is this constant argument that at least they are singing but to be honest i dont see why they should be expected to when barely half the songs being sung are actually about brighton at all, i brought a season ticket in H block but am sorely regretting it alreqdy because i just find myself cringing everytime some spotty 13 year old whos voice hasnt broken starts up another rendition of the wheels on your house/you dirty northern bastards/weve got running water/theres no one there/one man went to burn e.t.c.

if anyone bothered to compare the noise level when soneone starts up a brighton aces or just about anything brighton related compared to any of the shit listed above and you would quickly realise how little of H block sing the shit

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
WHo gives two shits about the moaners? Its quite sad really... walking around Withdean, very few people my age are there, or support just the Albion... and if you try to sing, those who attend Albion games but support Man U slay you for singing about the team you love, or some old people complain about the noise... :down::down:

But thats the f***ing point no one sings about brighton any more? its all about palace, how empty the away end is, or the rather obvious fact that people not sitting in a singing section arnt singing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How about they build a pacemaker stand for sad old gits like you :dasreich:

haha idiot. You are welcome to sit with twatish kids mate, singing songs that wont influence the game. I'll sit and sing with the real vocal supporters

.What I notice is that many of the people moaning about H block actually sit there so my advice is to simply move away.
. 80% of the songs are Albion chants and encourage the team so if you don't like the anti palace songs, which I agree are useless and cringe worthy, why not join in with the Albion songs?
.The atmosphere at home against Oldham was atrocious and the reason being... H block were not singing. We subsequently lost that game but against Hartlepool with the crowd singing we managed to fight back, gain a point and really we should have gone onto win the game.

Everyone on this board get's the point now about H block. There is a thread after every home game and it is so incredibly hypocritical. Please come and sit towards H block and get the chavs out. Let's remember that when we were doing well, there was no complaining about the chants.

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
Our home atmosphere is pathetic. Stamping your feet up and down to generate atmosphere doesn't lift the players one bit i'm sure. I was at meadow lane yesterday and as always the noise from the home fans was electric. I thought to myself withdean will never be like this. I just hope falmer can generate an atmosphere and are not slated if they do by a bunch of stiffs. Our away fans as always do generate a good level of noise.

That's coz when were away we have a roof :lol: if we had a roof at withdean I'm sure the atmosphere would be better

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I hate slating my own team, but i've got to, there is just no unity at home, i mean fans slating their own fan wtf

This is a notts county team, from last season, months before any talk of takeover, so the real fans were there making the noise they always do

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu2ncQLEphY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu2ncQLEphY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's coz when were away we have a roof :lol: if we had a roof at withdean I'm sure the atmosphere would be better

Not if the same wankers persist in singing any songs other than albion related ones, its not just the fact that theres a roof at away games, just about all the songs are albion related, big difference to H block

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
Yeah but all the songs we sing aren't all to do with palace and that :lol: we do sing songs about the Albion but with just about 50 people up for singing it's hard to create a atmosphere
but when at away games most people sing and we have a roof so it sounds so much better

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Whats the problem with singing Palace songs?

Every (decent) Club with history sings songs against rivals FFS.

Even Plastic Mancs United sing against their rivals.

Stoke against Vale and they are 3 Divs lower

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
So would all you moaners out there prefer it if H block was yet another block where everybody sits down in total silence for 90 minutes and the only time your hear noise it when its moaning at our own players?
H block is the only reasonably good bit about atmosphere at Withdean, people should be trying to improve it rather than critising it :guns:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So would all you moaners out there prefer it if H block was yet another block where everybody sits down in total silence for 90 minutes and the only time your hear noise it when its moaning at our own players?
H block is the only reasonably good bit about atmosphere at Withdean, people should be trying to improve it rather than critising it :guns:

*sigh*

Not singing the two songs mentioned in post 1 would be a GOOD thing.

Every time this comes up, people always go straight on the defensive of H block in general.

In general they are fine. They just need to cut the bloody crap out!

Having sat in H block since the second season at Withdean, what depresses me most about the place these days is how FEW H blockers sing anything. To claim that H block is "the singing section" is straightforward misrepresentation.

Trading Standards should investigate.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
haha idiot. You are welcome to sit with twatish kids mate, singing songs that wont influence the game. I'll sit and sing with the real vocal supporters

are you seriously suggesting that some songs have more influence on the outcome of a match?

this thread is total bollocks.

i'd rather have ground full of people creating some kind of atmosphere, regardless of what they're singing about, than a ground full of self-righteous individuals who seem to think their support is more valid than others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here