Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic news

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Thank God. He's a stain on the game. Good riddance.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
roz said:
Surely not, Mum! You wouldn't want our lads mixing with a Nasty Rough Boy like him wouldya?

Definitely. He went up my estimation after the last World Cup when he made the comment about the England players being more concerned about swapping shirts with the Brazilians than beating them. He is the beating heart of the United team - and they will miss him more than Ferguson.

He is a bit of rough - that's for sure. And what's wrong with that ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
He is a bit of rough - that's for sure. And what's wrong with that ?

Yes, the lovable old rogue - ending people's footballing careers with one tackle because he didn't like them. Or berating his team mates for lacking the necessary will to win before turning up utterly pissed to play. Or screaming abuse at his national team manager in front of everyone for his being the wrong nationality just before the world cup and sitting it out at home in a big girly flounce as a result.

I'm sure I've missed out other equally charming little vignettes of his illustrious career. What a WINNER.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The only one that makes me feel uneasy is the tackle. But there was an honesty in his admission.

Berating McCarthy ? - that doesnt upset me. Nor does his protesting about the amateur approach of the Irish FA.

In football terms - Keane is a winner. And the fact he does that and avoids the celebrity-style of his peers makes we wish he played for us.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He is a thug and I'm glad that Mick McCarthy stood up to him.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Man of Harveys said:
Yes, the lovable old rogue - ending people's footballing careers with one tackle because he didn't like them.

Bit like Richard Carpenter in that respect then.....

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
He's more of a spoilt brat than the team mates at RoI and MU he's always having a go at.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Roy Keane went up immeasurably in my opinion when he called McCarthy an English c**t. A true Irishman making a stand against all these 'flag of convienence' players.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Bit like Richard Carpenter in that respect then.....

Yeah, good comparison ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here