Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic news for Doctor Who fans...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
According to the Doctor Who Restoration Team, two clips from "Doctor Who" previously thought missing have turned up in a BBC program! A production line sequence and two clips of the Daleks outside their capsule, none of which were film recordings, were both screened on BBC2 this morning on a series called "Sunday Past Times," appearing as clips from the 1996 program "Tomorrow's World"... and were rediscovered purely by chance as Doctor Who fans noticed they were items that currently were unavailable in the archives! "All I can say is that these two new clips from 'Power' are very short, less than 10 seconds each," says RT member Paul Vanezis. "Also, they have a voice over from 'Tomorrows World' over the top. Details of where they are from tomorrow, as soon as I'm sure the film is safely locked up at Windmill Road."

st--2e07.jpg

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Will there be a Doctor Who box set including all the Special Effects bonus programmes that were shown on BBC Three?

I'd certainly buy that but I'm not happy about buying the vanilla Doctor Who volumes they've released in the meantime.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The complete series box-set comes out in November. It features a 5.1 mix of the sound for each episode, and a load of extras - presumably taken from the Confidential series.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Curious Orange said:
The complete series box-set comes out in November. It features a 5.1 mix of the sound for each episode, and a load of extras - presumably taken from the Confidential series.

Not just any old box either. It's a TARDIS-shaped box. Woo-hoo!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is excellent news.

And Im sure that good old Mark Ayres will be able to remove the tommorrow world voiceover and replace this with the recording from the programme.

After all the full audio recording of this adventure remains.

But the best news of all is that there are clips, maybe even whole storis still out there. Somewhere.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:yawn:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Go back to watching big brother or im a nobody get me out of the jungle then.

christ, they are even worse

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Curious Orange said:
Is it a TARDIS tin like the Trial of a Timelord box-set on VHS?

If only..

its a flimsy cardboard box... I'd rather have it in a box thats easy to store, not one that'll get torn to pieces.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a bloody shame its not.

those tins were quite robust unlike the flimsy cardboard rubbish that they are releasing it in.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Its a bloody shame its not.

those tins were quite robust unlike the flimsy cardboard rubbish that they are releasing it in.

And they don't fit into the average DVD shelf! It's all awkard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here