Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic letter to The Sun

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hey I'll read anything including the Sun, f*** you if you dont like it and f*** you for attempting piss weak censorship.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I don't read the sun as its shite. However it's unfair to state people should be ashamed of themselves of they choose to, it's the paper you should take issue with, not the readers.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't read the sun as its shite. However it's unfair to state people should be ashamed of themselves of they choose to, it's the paper you should take issue with, not the readers.

It's the target audience that makes the paper what it is. Any company / product / brand / media item has a particular style about it that suits its consumer group / readership. Which is why, if people stop buying it, they'll go bust if they don't change. But no, it's still as popular as ever, which says as much about the people who read it as it does about the people who make it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Will never forget a Sun reporter with photographer offering a group of lads £500 to burn a Tunisian flag in Marseille during the 1998 World Cup.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
It's the target audience that makes the paper what it is. Any company / product / brand / media item has a particular style about it that suits its consumer group / readership. Which is why, if people stop buying it, they'll go bust if they don't change. But no, it's still as popular as ever, which says as much about the people who read it as it does about the people who make it.

Very well put. I use to teach a few university journalism courses and that is exactly what I said to students who raised questions or complained about the standard of some of the daily Australian papers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the Sun is scum too so let's get that straight before anything else. I haven't bought the paper in over 20 years and won't even visit their web site. Their owner is a vile monster that needs hanging out to the hyenas. But what I read into that piece was it was written by a scouser. I could be, and probably am wrong. But it sounded to me like yet another reason to bring up Hillsborough. I've had enough of the Sun and have done for a couple of decades, but I've also had enough of the constant Hillsborough bashing we all have to endure. The two seem to be a match made in hell.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The Sun is an empty rag that contains no more news than Viz

Have read some tosh on here in my time but that's a new low. I've learned lots more from Viz than I ever have from The Sun, and had a few laughs in the process.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[QUOTE=Kazenga

It is exactly the readers we should blame. Unfortunately the sun prints what sells papers. If the consumers were more descerning they would have to up their game.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I watched a great documentary the other week which was part of the ESPN 30 for 30 series.

In one of them you see a young basketballer stumble and collapse to the ground in what was essentially the last moments of his life captured on film.

That's what journalism has and always will be about. being there when something historically interesting happens and reporting on it through word and vision.

If you're going to take the attitude don't print such things then say good bye to reporting of atrocities throughout the world.

If the author of that letter's attitude was the line taken through history we'd never have known the horrors of concentration camps because sometimes bad shit happens and we all need reminders of it to appreciate humanities flaws as well as its achievements.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

What a load of shit, a pathetic grief stricken article that is clearly written by a scouser - woe is me.

I don't buy that shitrag because it contains basically no news, and mostly lies. But people getting on their high horse about it is really sad.

That letter basically = "Look at me, I'm superior so I'm going to write this letter and appeal to others who would also like to feel superior, and we can all have a nice litte group wank together"

*edit* Just read the rest of he replys and noticed Londonblue also sees the scouser angle, honestly didn't see that before I wrote my bit, glad someone else sees this for what it is.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

This :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here