Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic letter in The Argus written for real Brightonians

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about a 'Campaign for higher petrol prices' march up the London Road and down the Lewes Road?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How about a Sussex Marathon start at Bognor or Hastings and run along the coast road to finish in Brighton. It would not upset traffic too much because there are othetr roads that can be used.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So, if I've got it right, a real Brightonian is someone who does not want investment in the town and does not want it's name on the map. Rather it hopes that it can be a town with a village mentality trading off of it's nostalgia in a small way so all the nice Brighton families can go to Rottingdean on Sundays and have a cream tea.
Hmmm.... don't think I'm a real Brightonian. I personally wonder how Brighton would have recovered it's gleam without the English Language Teaching Boom of the late seventies, early eighties, the patronage of the gay community and the Marina.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
How about a Sussex Marathon start at Bognor or Hastings and run along the coast road to finish in Brighton. It would not upset traffic too much because there are othetr roads that can be used.

Doesn't Hastings still have it's own half-marathon?

Yoda

English & European
I think it'll be great, we could move the Worthing 20 to a month before the Brighton & Hove marathon instead of London as the warm up for all the athletes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cos we pay for em'

I think we all pay for roads my friend. It's not just road tax that pays for tarmac. I have as much say as you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, if I've got it right, a real Brightonian is someone who does not want investment in the town and does not want it's name on the map. Rather it hopes that it can be a town with a village mentality trading off of it's nostalgia in a small way so all the nice Brighton families can go to Rottingdean on Sundays and have a cream tea.
Hmmm.... don't think I'm a real Brightonian. I personally wonder how Brighton would have recovered it's gleam without the English Language Teaching Boom of the late seventies, early eighties, the patronage of the gay community and the Marina.

Brighton's industry is tourism. It's what Brighton does to earn money. Next they'll be moaning that plumbers plumb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The fact a marathon will annoy all the conservative dullards in this city makes it even more appealing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why dont they have a gay marathon ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here