Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic interview with Robbie Savage

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Savage is a great player, any premiership manager would have him in their team and the Northern Ireland sending off was an absolutely appalling decision.
I think most hatred of him is based on those strange jumpers he wears when he's interviewed on telly which make him look like a girl from croydon.
He deserves a lot of respect for helping Wrexham and also for never letting the over-the-top abuse he gets week-in, week-out

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I've had an intense dislike of him since he dived like a particularly wimpy girl to get Justin Edinburgh sent off in the '99 Cup Final. Although that is going back a fair bit. Fair play to him for helping Wrexham, mind.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Oh come on, most of us would love a Savage type player at The Albion (sorry Charlie but you dont quite make it).

Its guys like these that make football what it is, if they die out then the PC brigade that want to sanitise football for a global audience wiould win.

Pretty decent that he is supporting the Wrexham cause to.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Cheeky Monkey said:
Must admit I don't mind Savage at all and think too many people are quick to jump on his back and call him a wanker because of his long hair and the generally skewed perception that he is a dirty player and liable to whinge at the drop of an alice band.

Couldn't agree more. He's my favourite non Albion player - not only because I like his hair (!) but also because he is generally known as one of the nicest people in football (off the pitch). The above article bears this out. People are too quick to judge by appearances - my aversion to men with shaved heads is well known but it doesn't mean I label everyone in that category as a "bovver boy" and equally, it is nonsense to classify men with long hair as "girlies" - makes my blood boil! Perhaps people will now appreciate that Robbie Savage is, in fact, one of the more sensitive and caring members of the football fraternity, not the "savage" he is made out to be.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
The Laughing Bluebird said:
What a load of bollocks. If Savage had been a Brighton or an England player, you'd have been screaming blue murder. And rightly so too.

Hear! Hear! No way should have been sent off - decision was disgraceful.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Laughing Bluebird said:
At that precise moment Savage knew that his chance to play in what would have been the biggest game of his career had just been snatched away from him by an insane referee.

Wouldn't you have been just a little upset under similar circumstances?

I agree - Gazza did the same when a poor refereeing decision could have robbed him of a world cup final which would have been the biggest game of his career

Every fan loves a passionate player who play for them and hates the ones that don't

Respect to him for making the effort to find out about his home town club and helping the both financially and verbally.

How many other premiership players would give a toss. I'm sure some do but don't make a song and dance about it but I sure these are in the minority

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Fran Hagarty said:
Hear! Hear! No way should have been sent off - decision was disgraceful.

Should he have been sent off for elbowing Kezman in the face a couple of weeks beforehand?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What's that got to do with the Northern Ireland incident?
Of course he should've been sent of for elbowing Kezman, that's got nothing to do with any other incident he is involved.
Your taking the side of Refs who judge players on reputations and not actual incidents i.e. why Alan Smith has been sent off so many times compared to Van nistelroy

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I hate Craig Bellamy more, the arrogant little tosspot.
Also because he looks like one of the banana splits.

banana-splits.jpg

bellamy.jpg

I quite like Savage although he does have a habit of feigning injury

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
If we're going down the avenue of pick on Welsh players .. there are a few English players don't bare scrutiny ....

I loathe Keiron Chav Dyer and think Jonathan Sniffer Woodgate and Rio Ferdinand are also arseholes

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
keaton said:
What's that got to do with the Northern Ireland incident?
Of course he should've been sent of for elbowing Kezman, that's got nothing to do with any other incident he is involved.
Your taking the side of Refs who judge players on reputations and not actual incidents i.e. why Alan Smith has been sent off so many times compared to Van nistelroy

Because he came out after the Northern Ireland game almost CRYING because he'd been sent off and I found that astonishing since he'd be let off the elbowing incident.

In other words, shut up Dave.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
I hate Craig Bellamy more, the arrogant little tosspot.
Also because he looks like one of the banana splits./B]

Bellamy looks more like the demented love child of Peter Beardsley by the hour with his hunchback, no neck and strangely dated haircut that does him no favours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here