Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic Fans from FC United

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
The vast majority anyway.

Really friendly and interested in the Albion the ones we met in the social club.

On way out in the supporters coach all the way along the road they were clapping at us. Very gracious.

At lot has been said and posted bout them.so.just wanted to say this.

Preaching over

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
It looked like they ran across the pitch to kill you at the end.LOL.
All they sang were Man United songs and anti City songs.I'm afraid I don't really get it.
How the FCUM players felt hearing songs about Busby and Cantona I dread to think.
Good result ¡Viva los Españoles! and on to Pompey in the next round.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not disagreeing, but have we not already had about six threads on the subject? At least one of which has been closed?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
It looked like they ran across the pitch to kill you at the end.LOL.
All they sang were Man United songs and anti City songs.I'm afraid I don't really get it.
How the FCUM players felt hearing songs about Busby and Cantona I dread to think.
Good result ¡Viva los Españoles! and on to Pompey in the next round.

Lol! Did you see them run the other way as soon as a policeman looked at them? :lolo
And one chav wanting to pick on a Brighton player chooses El Abd! Deary me!

Those idiots were by far the minority tho

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oi! Edna, your high horse is leaving thataway!

Congrats to FC Utd. Stunning vocal support, the so called Ultras could learn a lot from that game.

'Feed the Scousers, let them know it's Christmas time!' had me falling off my sofa! Excellent!

Now that is what I call atmosphere 812!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Lol! Did you see them run the other way as soon as a policeman looked at them? :lolo

No, no, no. they ran the other way because they were threatened that they were going to be interviewed by Andy Townsend.

manctofu

Nov 18, 2010
Thanks for the compliments. The best team won.

People who only heard Man. United songs must be very hard of hearing given our vast repertoire. I think our players might have appreciated the rousing chorus of 'every single one of us is f***ing proud of you', for example.

Anyway, hope you beat Pompey now. :ascarf: :punk:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing

People who only heard Man. United songs must be very hard of hearing given our vast repertoire. I think our players might have appreciated the rousing chorus of 'every single one of us is f***ing proud of you', for example.

Thanks mate. All credit to your fans & club. I hope you get your own 'theatre of dreams' one day & our paths cross again one day down the road.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Thank you.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The banner that said
'making friends not millionaires' summed it up for me

Red- Til-Dead

Nov 26, 2010

Thanks for your kind words Phil and in our defence about the idiots who came on the pitch, i don't think they have ever been seen at an FC match before and probably never will again, 90% of them were school age kids, probably locals and may have been Bury fans, they came out of the POTG stand, not making excuses but we learned our lesson from our celebrations at Rochdale, harmless as it was, and subsequent Cat C status

Good to see the Brighton lads who made it up and hats of to you all for doing the journey for what was not exactly your game of the season, a good 30 stayed behind to clap both teams off the pitch, good sporting fans

As for the game, we were beaten by a good side who play some tight intelligent football, no shame in that, we were proud of all our team who gave it a good go, i wish you well against Portsmouth and for the future in your new home at the Falmers, the only way is up, maybe our paths will cross again in the future, i certainly hope so

Very best wishes

RTD
:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Respect to FC United and their fans. Even when the game was lost you guys were still playing some neat, passing football rather than just lumping up the pitch. Good luck to you.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was quite mad last night. From inside the pub, to the walk to the turnstiles, was getting stopped constantly by FC fans having a friendly chat. On the way out after the game plenty of comments about safe trip back etc. Fair play to them.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Excellent atmosphere, the repertoire really was amazing. FCUM are railing against what many of us dislike about modern top flight football; I salute and support them. We did a very professional job as Gus has said and this may well prove to have been a timely game after recent (relative) wobbles and send us to Hudders in good heart.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wish all football fans were like this and it was nothing more then friendly chat and banter. Unfortunately I've been to Stoke and can confirm this will never happen :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here