Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans who go for the fun of it!

abepoyet

Aug 13, 2010
It occured to me after 15 minutes today sitting behind the goal what a boring bunch of fans I was sharing a stand with. I can appreciate it had no roof but get on with it! I can honestly say as a 18 year old that is the worse game I've been to atmosphere wise since I've ever been watching the albion! I was embarassed to be associated with these fans today!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So you finally got a ticket and now you slag off our fans, fuckwit

abepoyet

Aug 13, 2010
Beach Hut I travel up and down the country following the albion and own a season ticket so grow up a bit! And I really don't understand why you would travel to watch your side play and not vocally support them Im afraid it's beyond me!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Beach Hut I travel up and down the country following the albion and own a season ticket so grow up a bit! And I really don't understand why you would travel to watch your side play and not vocally support them Im afraid it's beyond me!

Different people show their support in different ways. Normally at away games people sit where they like and are not spread out over 2 stands, therefore those who want to sing head to the back, and those who don't sit at the front. Today everyone was mixed together and spread out. These people you call 'boring' and are 'embarrassed by' are always there but just not around you.

Not everyone wants to stand and sing during a game. Doesn't make them any less passionate or dedicated.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Sounds like you're a sheep, waiting for others to start.

Why not try starting your own songs, you'd be surprised how many others want someone else to start before joining in. BAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Grow up a bit, I am twice your age

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
yea harsh! i sang (east stand area)

and we had some good singing going on at points

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was a bit of a let down today. I was really looking forward to a good sing song but everyone around me was pretty quiet :(

abepoyet

Aug 13, 2010
I don't disagree with you. And I totally understand that not everybody want's to sing and make noise but a bit of effort wouldn't go a miss. Many songs were started where I was stood and I 9 times out of 10 the song never got going! I just wish sometimes people would sing along! Beach hut do you sing? ;)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I don't disagree with you. And I totally understand that not everybody want's to sing and make noise but a bit of effort wouldn't go a miss. Many songs were started where I was stood and I 9 times out of 10 the song never got going! I just wish sometimes people would sing along! Beach hut do you sing? ;)

yea he has a nice operatic voice :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Sometimes but I used to all the time when I was a lad

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Try explain to Liz Costa that you don't understand why she follows the club. She doesn't sing but she is more of a fan than you. :wanker:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It occured to me after 15 minutes today sitting behind the goal what a boring bunch of fans I was sharing a stand with. I can appreciate it had no roof but get on with it! I can honestly say as a 18 year old that is the worse game I've been to atmosphere wise since I've ever been watching the albion! I was embarassed to be associated with these fans today!

I thought the support was noisy. Try and overcome your embarrassment - talking about it will help!

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
The young lads next to me in the East Stand spent more time shouting at the South Stand fans, trying to get them to respond, than actually watching the game. This I just can't understand, and judging by the looks on other people's faces I was not alone in thinking this. That said, each to their own.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I was sat in the East, literally no one between me and the home supporters (thanks DanielT) and the atmosphere and singing here was good so do not feel embarrassed, as others have said we each get something different from the experience. My AFCB supporting mates said it was a great atmosphere as we took so many and the "where`s your Eddie gone" song hit the spot for them.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I've never known a club that has supporters who fight and bicker with each other so much it's an embarrassment - You pay your money you take your choice, sing or don't sing it's up to the individual last thing we need are the opposition fans laughing at us while we are all in fighting. If it carries on like this we are f***ed.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Perhaps the heavily enforced allocated seating didn't help...

Our group was split into about 7 sections all over the stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here