Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Turning on each other yesterday

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
People turn up to football and moan - shock horror!

That's what they've always done and it happens at every club.
If you think its bad here, have you been to the Northern working class areas, the teams get proper stick.

Its not nearly as bad now as it was years ago. Imagine working 40 hours in the shipyards, then going to watch your team lose at home in the cup, imagine the stick they got.

Football's always a been a good way to blow off some steam, that's half its appeal. At the moment I reckon MM deserves a bit of stick, but I for one have never and will never boo the stripes or individual players, but letting MM know he's making a few poor choices seems fair game to me.

Eggmundo said:
And so instead of trying to help the team you resort to slagging them off?
Do you think it really helps?
Do you think the 'player' will go "Hang on, maybe I am a lazy git, I think I'll put more effort in." Or, "Yes I am slow, I'll suddenly become quicker"
???

Where did i say anything about slagging the team off? You completely went off topic to my original question. Well done :clap:

DAMANCLAY said:
To be honest i couldn't really give a f*** about the cup, The league is far far far more important.

The difference is, i do give a f*** about ANY game involving the Albion.

The effort and passion has to be there by all when representing us on the pitch or side lines.

1066gull

When I moved from the top of E Block (because an old man had something to complain about every minute) to the front of F Block - there were two guys who were the ones starting the (only) chants at Withdean.

One of them even turned on our own fans who were walking home early, "Just because we're losing"

Which made me laugh a bit.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Happy Seagull said:
Where did i say anything about slagging the team off? You completely went off topic to my original question. Well done :clap:
Sorry, maybe I misconstrued your post. :down:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Its happened a lot more this season than any i have attendend, this is one of many reasons why i am going to cut down on my away games. I can understand the frustration, but fans of the same team want to punch each other than thats just plain wrong!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
1066Seagull said:
the front of F Block - there were two guys who were the ones starting the (only) chants at Withdean

H block is the singing block, and there was plenty of singing there, so i dont see how 2 blokes in F account for a whole section?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
H block is the singing block, and there was plenty of singing there, so i dont see how 2 blokes in F account for a whole section?

The Le Havre team really appreciated our Au Revoir chant.
They waved and one was dancing to it.
:wave: :lol:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
1066Seagull said:
When I moved from the top of E Block (because an old man had something to complain about every minute) to the front of F Block - there were two guys who were the ones starting the (only) chants at Withdean.

Shut up, there was a fair few of us at the back of C block making some noise.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Richie Morris said:
f*** off with the LOYAL chat.

I am a loyal fan. Loyal to BRIGTON not the manager. I want Brighton to do well and when at games get behind the team 100 per cent.

Just because I dont think McGhee should be manager does not suddenly make me some gloryhunting bandwagon jumping lepar.

next time just copy and paste this - I'm a xxxx

will save yourself and us a whole lot of time and bother

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
At the end some bloke in F block screamed abuse at CKR who turned round.
That will really build up his confidence.
If you think CKR is no good, then abuse MM for buying him.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Look up the Glasgow Rangers song, "Hello, Hello, we are the Billy Boys". I think you are in for quite a shock.
Well noticed.
'cos we are the Brigton derry boys
Hello Hello....................
Best leave it at that

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Ernest said:
Too busy ABUSING the poison pygmy yesterday :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
This is a new one to me - bashing the bishop, spanking the monkey and so on I'm familiar with. But what refreshing honesty to see such a frank assessment of dimensions and state of health of the man servant. :lolol: :lolol:

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Spot on - we bloody dominated the game, even before they scored. It was shame we didn't win, but that's football.

Some people really can't stand losing, especially some guy in D block who started shouting out for McGhee to leave. I was glad to see some stood up to this nobhead with the immortal line "F*ck off you judas treacherous scumbag". Couldn't have said it better myself.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
filthy said:
Its happened a lot more this season than any i have attendend, this is one of many reasons why i am going to cut down on my away games. I can understand the frustration, but fans of the same team want to punch each other than thats just plain wrong!

Couldn't agree more. No one will ever agree completely with everyone, but Albion fans wanting to punch other Albion fans is wrong.

I am not one for moaning and slagging off the team or management at games, as funnily enough I like to see us win, and if the fans are negative it transfers onto the players on the pitch.

Those people who moan at matches say that they have a right to voice their opinion (which they do), but what would most rather do, voice their opinion and watch us get worse as players heads drop, or get behind the team, gee them up a bit, and hopefully watch them turn it around?

I know which I would prefer

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
to be honest everyone is entitled to their own opinion why should i be abused because I think mcghee should go? i pay my money like everyone esle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here