Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Turning on each other yesterday

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
My worst moments of yesterday's game was the conlicts betwen fans in the ground yesterday.

Sitting in E block there was constant slagging off of McGhee and individuals such as CKR and McCammon. This warranted re`plies from more loyal fans trying defend the team.

Well done to those putting up a defence for the Albion and for those who are ready to slag off individuals please think again!

I have seen this conflict betwen fans many times and it will always happen but yesterday was pretty bad!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are still more MM fans than antis though. There are always loads of whingers in E block.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The guy in front of me (row D, Block E) was a right bloody pain. As soon as one of our players didn't quite get something right, he was calling them useless and crap. Just sat there and sulked. And worse, he has a son of about 11 who was beginning to mimick him. Don't know why they bother coming. It reminds me of standing in the queue to get into the North Stand for the last game of the season vs Ipswich in about 1991 (when we needed a draw, I think, to get into the playoffs*), and EVERYONE around me was moaning about how crap we were.

*Dean Wilkins wonder goal match

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
f*** off with the LOYAL chat.

I am a loyal fan. Loyal to BRIGTON not the manager. I want Brighton to do well and when at games get behind the team 100 per cent.

Just because I dont think McGhee should be manager does not suddenly make me some gloryhunting bandwagon jumping lepar.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
gloryhunting bandwagon jumping lepar.

I'm picturing that happening - and for some reason it's very funny. Do you think he'd make the leap successfully?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Richie Morris said:

I am a loyal fan. Loyal to BRIGTON not the manager. I want Brighton to do well and when at games get behind the team 100 per cent.

Just because I dont think McGhee should be manager does not suddenly make me some gloryhunting bandwagon jumping lepar.

Oh richie, richie...:nono:

In your eagerness to be a firebrand you didn't read the post properly. He said the slagging off was done throughout the game AT withdean. Unless I'm very much mistaken you have on numerous occassions stated that while you may complain on here about a player you NEVER do it at the stadium. Prestgull was calling those who slag off the team continually and vocally at the game 'disloyal', not those who DON'T slag off the players at the game.

Understand? :)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
There was a fat c**t at the back of J block who spent the entire game slagging off Mayo. If he was so passsionate about the bloody team why didn't he sing with the rest of us to try and inspire them?
He even came out with a classic comment. "DON'T CLAP HIM, HE'S A PROFESSIONAL. THAT'S WHAT HE'S PAID TO DO".

The fact that myself and others nearby took it as a sign to applaud every touch, tackle or throw Mayo made seemed to quieten him down as the game went on.

Get behind the f***ing team while the game is on, moan later.
It's like your missus telling you how crap you are as you're humping her (although that is probably true for most of the whiners...no names mentioned.)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Richie Morris said:

So why did you post that you found it great when everyone cheered Kuipers when Chaggers went down in the Chaggers thread:dunce: You get behind the team 100% yet you cheer when one of our players gets injured:censored:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
PrestGull said:
more loyal fans trying defend the team.
A fair enough post apart from this one comment, which is bollocks. Like RM said I'm loyal to brighton. There seems to be two general opinions at the moment, Magoo in and Magoo out, just because you are pro Mcghee, Knight and everything albion doesn't make you more loyal.
Think back to the York City game that got abandoned. Alot of people stayed in the north stand that day and sang 'loyal supporters' to the fans on the pitch. Fans on the pitch did the same because everyone thought they were doing the right thing, I even thought it was going to kick off for a couple of seconds. By not going on the pitch that day I thought I was being loyal to the Albion, but in the long run it probably saved the club.
Sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I was one of the ones standing up for MM, Who the f*** does it help to constantly berate the manager with negative comments. If these people calling for his head actually made the same sort of effort to generate an atmosphere then withdean would be a much better place.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
DAMANCLAY said:
I was one of the ones standing up for MM, Who the f*** does it help to constantly berate the manager with negative comments.

But it helped the team to berate Leon Knight and shout Negative comments. Fans are entitled to their opinions, just like you decided to stand for Mcghee and accept that level of performance, i didn't because we can and have played better than that this season, and if they cant motivated for a cup game the players need to take a look at themselves.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Happy Seagull said:
Do you think it makes you feel a more loyal fan to pay your money and watch players who at times seem to have no passion playing for the club you love, and sit there clapping them as if it ok?
And so instead of trying to help the team you resort to slagging them off?
Do you think it really helps?
Do you think the 'player' will go "Hang on, maybe I am a lazy git, I think I'll put more effort in." Or, "Yes I am slow, I'll suddenly become quicker"
???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Redhead said:
But it helped the team to berate Leon Knight and shout Negative comments. Fans are entitled to their opinions, just like you decided to stand for Mcghee and accept that level of performance, i didn't because we can and have played better than that this season, and if they cant motivated for a cup game the players need to take a look at themselves.

I never said it helped the team to berate Knight either, i stood up for him for a long time aswell. We dominated that game for 75% of the time, can you remeber a half decent effort on the goal from coventry in the second half other than the goal? If we had one half decent striker we would have won yesterday.

I just dont see how it helps to give abuse to any memeber of managment or playing staff, does it really make them do better? Of course it does not. To be honest i couldn't really give a f*** about the cup, The league is far far far more important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here