Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Not yet KG.

This is the problem. His BIL deal will purchase the ground.....this is the bit that is dragging on, leading to liquidation becoming a very real possibility.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
I am a little concerned about money being directed to the PAFC administrators. people with good intentions have already bought scarves etc from the official plymouth website thinking they are helping, but are they? With st johns only getting 7p in the pound surely some kind of seperate fund should be set up to direct money as the supporters of PAFC choose appropriate, not the admins who will screw the most deserving??

This has been a big issue down at HP. It's been gut wrenching for many with regards to whether they get a ST/Matchday Ticket/Merchandise or not. Will that money just get soaked up by administrators?

I believe the answer is no. Firstly, the advance ST money is ringfenced and only being used as a match is played. I.E, after a home match, 1/23rd of the ST money is released to cover running costs of the club for that game. The pay on the dayer money is being used similarly......I think. I don't know for certain.

Any revenue generated (ie club shop) is needed to pay for the day to day running of the club. We still have bills to pay, travelling expenses for away games and the like. I am led to believe that the payment to the joint Administrator will be paid by whoever takes over the club and is not being paid at the moment.

I hope this doesn't influence any of your fans (and other club fans) to not want to come to HP for fans reunited day, or purchase stuff for your Green Day against Leeds.

The benefits of the publicity, the feel good factor and the comaraderie of the United Colours at Argyle will far outweigh the concerns of where money is going in my opinion.

The bottom line is the club is in real danger. We could be liquidated at any time if Guilfoyles boss is in the mood. This isn't right. I cannot, and will not let my club die because of the incompetence of one man, Guilfoyle.

I just want my club back.

Sounds similar to when Archer first turned up at Brighton, sorting out the Stanley/Lloyd mess and selling Mark Beeney to Leeds to stave off the winding-up petition against us. Perhaps one difference is that Risdale is at least a football person, as his Leeds experience shows, but just incompetent at it.

If I remember correctly Greg Stanley bailed out the club on a couple of occasions and Beeney was sold to Leeds after a winding up order was been rejected. Brighton got £400,000 for Beeney I think.
The financial mess started back in Bamber's time as Chairman due to the ridiculous contracts being handed to players.
Barry Lloyd had to sell decent players to try and balance the books so I don't think that you can blame him for the financial mess

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Well Guilfoyle does seem to be doing a pisspoor job.

The BIS website outlines what to do if you are want to make a complaint about an administrator
How to complain against an Insolvency Practitioner | Profession |

There is an Insolvency Practioners Association.

They have a Practice Guidance, Ethics and Standards Committee.

I'll give you one guess who chairs that committee.

I wouldn't wish administration on anyone, even dem lot up the road from us! The whole process reeks of Old Boy network and back scratching etc.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
I am a little concerned about money being directed to the PAFC administrators. people with good intentions have already bought scarves etc from the official plymouth website thinking they are helping, but are they? With st johns only getting 7p in the pound surely some kind of seperate fund should be set up to direct money as the supporters of PAFC choose appropriate, not the admins who will screw the most deserving??

A fund has been set up.

One of our PASOTI stalwarts and fund raising legends set up a Staff Hardship Fund. Money raised has been presented to the non playing staff to use as they wish, used as a pot of money where staff can request a payment to cover a household bill that won't wait. I'll have to check how much has been raised in total, including whip rounds for St Johns Ambulance, but I know a few weeks ago the figure stood at £95,000. I would imagine by now, that figure donated not just by Argyle fans, but others as well stands at over £100K. A truely humbling and remarkable effort in the current financial climate.

OK, ladies and gentlemen, I have taken up far too much of your NSC webspace. I only popped on to say a huge thank you for all your efforts in our hour of need!!

Your actions will never be forgotten, whatever our future holds.

Thankyou.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not yet KG.

This is the problem. His BIL deal will purchase the ground.....this is the bit that is dragging on, leading to liquidation becoming a very real possibility.

So at present the club and ground are both 'owned' by the administrators, yes? Do they have to be split and sold separately or is there someone out there who wants to buy them both as a single package?

By the sounds of it BIL only want it if Plymouth council give the go-ahead for planning permission applications on Home Park, does that sound right?

This Heaney guy doesn't even seem to care that the whole world knows his motives. At least Archer and Bellotti talked about ground-shares and new stadiums; Heaney seems only bothered about buying the ground if he can get planning permisson for his retail park. Scary stuff.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well Guilfoyle does seem to be doing a pisspoor job.

I'm unsurprised that heels are being dragged.

Said and Done said:
Pulling together

£230,000: Plymouth's wage bill for August. Administrators say 60% of September's wages will be deferred.

£228,626: fees accumulated by the administrators between March and the end of April – continuing since then at an average hourly rate of £267.54.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
I'm not an expert on Administration (or anything else really!!), but as far as I can gather, the ground and club are still trading as "PAFC Ltd (In Administration)".

Therefore, the ground technically still appears to be owned by the club. The Administrator takes over the running of the club, so Guilfoyle is effectively our Chairman, although Ridsdale has been installed as our Acting Chairman. (Ridsdale and Guilfoyle are way too close in my opinion)

James Brent is fronting a contingency plan. His bid centres around his group buying the club lock, stock and then hoping to sell the ground back to Plymouth City Council in the not too distant future. His bid is as open and transparent as it can be.

One other important point about the Brent bid, is that he will install a Fans Trust member on the Board. He has also said he will try to use local suppliers where possible, thereby building up confidence and trust with local businesses that have been shafted as part of the Admin process.

Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else, but the Brent bid certainly ticks all my boxes for being ethical and starting to get the club back to being at the heart of the community again.

Yes, it does sound right that BIL are looking for planning permission for their retail park/hotel/cinema and whatever else they have planned.

I do think though that the other main stumbling block is the dual interest issue. The Football League could of ended all these unneccessary delays months ago if they had grown a pair. Personally, I don't see how they could possibly grant the share. The reason they have seperated out the club (PAFC 125 Ltd) and the ground (PAFC Stadium Ltd) is to get round the dual interest, with Heaney getting the ground, and Ridsdale the club. However, Heaney will be setting our rent. If this isn't influence, what is!? Also, further up this thread is a link to a Plymouth Vital piece, which quite rightly points out that Heaney is already having a massive effect and influence on our club. We have had to sell so many players, and other players have left "for personal reasons" (read that as they want paying which you can't really argue with). We are playing youth players and loanees. Morale is shot, experience of league football is non existant and we are unsurprisingly, bottom of the Football League.

The Heaney bid consortium is shrouded in secrecy. No one knows who is behind the money. Heaney is just the front man...he has no money of his own. Speculation is rife that there may be some of the previous board members involved. This would be intolerable to most of us. It's them bunch of clowns that got us into this mess. As an example, while staff and players were going unpaid, our old Vice Chairman was off on holiday in Dubai. At least his wife defended him in public though, saying "he is still working really hard from the hotel room. He hasn't even had time to go in the sea yet". I kid you not. You couldn't make it up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wow. Of all the clubs to get in trouble in the last 10 years this case sounds the most similar to ours. Has Brent got the money? If he was chosen could he run the club?

I'd hope that the 'leaders' of the fans, whoever they are can rally around the group that YOU want to take over the club, and make life hell for the rest. If you ever decide to go to St James Park armed with a collection tin and some leaflets I'd be happy to come and give moral support, and I'm sure there's other Devon seagulls who would feel the same!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not yet KG.

What ever is the overall motive, you bet your life, that as hard nosed business men, they have a secret overall strategy from your club and its land, that profits themselves and you are probably unaware of.

Nothing about this deal sits right, the appointment of Guilfoyle/preffered bid. Ridsdale for £1. Selling everything worth £1 and running the club into the ground. It looks a carbon copy of where we've been.

Next up, "we have to sell the ground/land to keep the club afloat" which will be sold on the cheap to a preferred bidder with vested interest.......and which is actually part of the BIL strategy imho right now, from what I have read.

I can't see it ending well, massive massive risks and all you have are well meaning assurances from Ridsdale, just like we had from David Belotti.

Do you want to stay drowning, your head under the surface in a tank of clear water, hoping to be rescued?

Or be treading water on the surface, breathing temporarily in tank full of sharks, hoping they don't eat you?

It really is a difficult one :down:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What ever is the overall motive, you bet your life, that as hard nosed business men, they have a secret overall strategy from your club and its land, that profits themselves and you are probably unaware of.

Nothing about this deal sits, the appointment of Guilfoyle/preffered bid. Ridsdale for £1 sits right at all. It looks a carbon copy of where we've been.

Next up, we have to sell the ground/land to keep the club afloat

No doubt they're planning a groundshare with Exeter...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No doubt they're planning a groundshare with Exeter...

that Bwian or selling Home park for retail development, and then merging Truro with Plymouth?

I just don't think BIL have the best interest of Plymouth and its supporters at heart.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Wow. Of all the clubs to get in trouble in the last 10 years this case sounds the most similar to ours. Has Brent got the money? If he was chosen could he run the club?

I'd hope that the 'leaders' of the fans, whoever they are can rally around the group that YOU want to take over the club, and make life hell for the rest. If you ever decide to go to St James Park armed with a collection tin and some leaflets I'd be happy to come and give moral support, and I'm sure there's other Devon seagulls who would feel the same!

Brent has the money, however he would need to renegotiate the deal with the secured creditors. This is where the time element comes in. So far, BIL have had something like 17 weeks to get the deal done and it still hasn't happened. Guilfoyle won't guarentee 4 weeks for Brent to get his deal sorted.

This is another reason why the BIL deal deal stinks, and why rumours are rife of ex board members being involved in BIL. The same ex board members that have interests in Mastpoint, one of the secured creditors. They stand to pretty much get their money back with the BIL deal. They would lose a fair amount with the Brent deal.

If anyone's interested, Guilfoyle is on Talksport soon apparently.

Sep 5, 2011
Hi all. Fantastic what is going on here.. I've lived in Brighton for 6+ years so your a bit of a second team anyway. If you lot organise a coach thats seems like to good an opportunity to miss! Any space for an exiled green to jump on board?

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
If anyone's interested, Guilfoyle is on Talksport soon apparently.

I know it's bad form to reply to your own post, so apologies for that!!

Apparently, the Talksport interview with Guilfoyle has been postponed. It's not like Guilfoyle to miss a deadline!!

Instead, it has been rescheduled for tomorrow where Guilfoyle will be joined by the Argyle Fans' Trust Chairman, Chris Webb. I'm expecting fireworks. Chris is a superb Trust leader and has done so much to drive the Trust forward. He is also an immensly talented and gifted orator. I'm looking forward to the interview.

If anyone wants to listen in, I will post the time when known.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Any other forms of support.

I have not read the whole string of this thread so forgive me if this has been discussed. I would love to support on this day but just physicly cant. Are there any othger forms of support that do not involve a trip to Plymouth?.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
BBC Spotlight South West

My wife's cousin is Justin Leigh, one of the presenters of BBC Spotlight South West (the local evening news programme for the west country). I will drop him a line and see if they are interested in running a story.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
My wife's cousin is Justin Leigh, one of the presenters of BBC Spotlight South West (the local evening news programme for the west country). I will drop him a line and see if they are interested in running a story.

That would be excellent. We really do have some great fans with some excellent contacts.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here