Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Not at all Woodchip.

Most of the facts can be found here:

Ah,

Apparently, I can't post links yet until I have submitted 25 posts so have a look at the Argyle Fans' Trust website, News.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Woodchip, have you emailed Martin Perry about the club promoting and supporting the idea? He seems to reply to emails from fans a lot

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Woodchip, have you emailed Martin Perry about the club promoting and supporting the idea? He seems to reply to emails from fans a lot

I haven't but Boots has.

Sent to Mr. Martin Perry.

Hi Martin*

First of all thank you for everything you have done for the club and for taking the time to read this email.

The reason I am emailing you is because of the situation at Plymouth Argyle, as I'm sure you are aware they are in deep trouble and it looks certain they will fold, which I'm sure sounds like a familiar story.
Being an avid supporter of BHA I am a member of the fans website North Stand Chat, over the last few nights one of the members suggested a fans reunited day down at Home Park which has so far gathered pace and looks like a few fair hundred will be making the trip. Excellent and sympathetic response from Plymouth fans, thanking us for making the effort, even today it was reported that two fans from this brilliant football club made the trip up to Burton Albion in their home shirts and sat with the Argyle fans to cheers of Seagulls.*
You may recall that the original fans united day was suggested by a young Plymouth fan and the general response is that we want to show our support back, fans on North Stand Chat have already pledged to 'Go Green' to the Leeds game as it is on Sky and what better way to show our support.*
I understand we HAVE to get behind Gus and the team but if everyone was prepared to wear their away shirts it could have a really strong message. If there's any suggestions you have or even if there's a way we could ask our fans through the official website or the Liverpool programme to 'Go Green' I am sure Plymouth would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Dartmoors Green

Sep 3, 2011
On the Green Taverners website or go to a link on page 18 of the Fans ReUnited thread on Pasoti there is details of the Fans Fest for the 24th,you can order tickets on line. This is your match ticket and the pre match entertainment (£25) There is also a fund raising do after the match if any of you are staying in Plymouth or have a nice driver who will hang around for a few hours. You'll need to be at the ground for 12-12.30 to make the most of it. Come and join us,learn the Janner song and have a laugh.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Many thanks.

I should also point out that opinion on Ridsdale is pretty divided. When he first arrived, back in December 10, there is no doubt that he worked tirelessly to unravel the financial nightmare created by the previous board. He staved off a couple of winding up petitions from HMRC for unpaid tax bills with player sales (including of course the Nooooooooooooooooone deal). Ultimately though, we obviously still ended up in Administration.

Ridsdale has been quite clear in admitting he made mistakes at Leeds. He stands by his time at Cardiff, with the "look at where they were when I went there, and look at where they are now" line. I've met the man, and listened to him speak at a couple of meetings with fans organised by the Trust, and I do think he is trying his hardest to help us. Lets face it his reputation in football isn't the best (do you have an understatement of the week award!?), and I truely believe he is trying his best to repair that reputation.

My concerns with Ridsdale are twofold; firstly Guilfoyle and Ridsdale appear to have engineered a situation whereby he gets the club for a single, solitary English £; secondly, what on earth will the future hold with Ridsdale as Chairman? Will we end up back where we are now a few years down the line?

In my opinion, Ridsdale should be thanked for his efforts thus far, but then turfed out on his ear and never let near a football club again.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
A quick specific note >>>>>>>> To the poster posting as Seagull on PASOTI...........you've got mail there! (otherwise PM me on this site and i'll go through it here).

On a general note this is all very humbling guys and gals and to a lesser or greater extent you're putting us to shame. I explained the other day that sometimes you need to light a fire under a Janner to get him going, your seizure of the initiative is having a great effect. I know we have some shared history of mutual assistance but the kind of ideas and enthusiasm for a cause not of your own have been, like Albion.........."different league".

BIG BIG respect :bowdown:.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Many thanks.

I should also point out that opinion on Ridsdale is pretty divided. When he first arrived, back in December 10, there is no doubt that he worked tirelessly to unravel the financial nightmare created by the previous board. He staved off a couple of winding up petitions from HMRC for unpaid tax bills with player sales (including of course the Nooooooooooooooooone deal). Ultimately though, we obviously still ended up in Administration.

Ridsdale has been quite clear in admitting he made mistakes at Leeds. He stands by his time at Cardiff, with the "look at where they were when I went there, and look at where they are now" line. I've met the man, and listened to him speak at a couple of meetings with fans organised by the Trust, and I do think he is trying his hardest to help us. Lets face it his reputation in football isn't the best (do you have an understatement of the week award!?), and I truely believe he is trying his best to repair that reputation.

My concerns with Ridsdale are twofold; firstly Guilfoyle and Ridsdale appear to have engineered a situation whereby he gets the club for a single, solitary English £; secondly, what on earth will the future hold with Ridsdale as Chairman? Will we end up back where we are now a few years down the line?

In my opinion, Ridsdale should be thanked for his efforts thus far, but then turfed out on his ear and never let near a football club again.

Blimey, it sounds like Ridsdale has done a pretty good job.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So this is the man attempting to buy PAFC Kevin Heaney, (property developer!!) wanting to buy PA ground. Just not sure why he wants to keep his hands in Truro City a conference south team?
BBC Sport - Chairman Kevin Heaney insists Truro City is "priority"
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Cornwall | Property firm facing liquidation
PASOTI View topic - Learn a little more about Kevin Heaney

Also this is the company based in Gibraltar involved in pos buy couldnt find to much on them http://www.bishopinternational.com/case.html

And this is Peter Ridsdale
ridsdale.jpg

Last edited:

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Hey guys good luck with the meeting tomorrow, I would love to be there but Im on a conference with work, hopefully Martin perry will respond tomorrow I will post his response when I get it!

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Yep, that's them Doc.

Heaney wants the ground, and then sell the club to Ridsdale.

Heaney is indeed a property developer which is unnerving in itself.

I also believe there have been delays as there is yet another complication with the BIL deal. The ground has a legally binding covenant on it. It can only be used for the purpose of sport/football (I forget the exact wording, but basically the ground can't be used for anything else). Heaney/Ridsdale/Guilfoyle have had talks with Plymouth City Council. A lot of speculation has been around whether they are trying to get the covenant overturned/rescinded, or whether they have just popped along for a chat to see what they can and can't do. There's talk of a Hotel/Retail outlet. We have a chap over on Pasoti who is our resident sleuth. He spotted the formation of new comapnies at Companies House of PAFC 125 Ltd, PAFC Stadium Ltd and more worryingly, Plymouth Retail Park Ltd. The latter two having Heaney as the sole director.

Aha, just found the covenent in full:

Not to cause or permit the Property or any part thereof to be used for any purpose other than a professional football stadium with other uses associated therewith namely: offices, storage, temporary accommodation, leisure uses (where uses are integral to the stadium), restaurants and bars, the retailing of sport and leisure products and merchandise, health and fitness sports clubs (where uses are integral to the stadium), public entertainment or education and for the holding of shows, conferences and events and also for such other associated purposes as the Transferor (council) may approve (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed).

It's the delays that are becoming unpallatable. With every delay instigated by BIL, liquidation gets a step closer. It's only the dedication, professionalism and sacrifices made by the playing and non playing staff that have kept us alive thus far.

I may be wrong here, but I think the administrator is now liable for wages. Hence why Guilfoyles boss is keen to pull the plug. Guilfoyle even took BIL to court to try and get them to stump up more cash to pay the wages last month.

He lost.

Again, I may be wrong here, so I'll chose my words carefully. If I recall correctly, part of the preferred bid process was the immediate payment of £1M to pay immediate liabilities. Basically, I think BIL should of stumped up that amount of cash to buy exclusivity in doing the deal. So far, they have paid around £300K, and that's why we can't pay wages.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yep, that's them Doc.

Heaney wants the ground, and then sell the club to Ridsdale.

Heaney is indeed a property developer which is unnerving in itself.

I also believe there have been delays as there is yet another complication with the BIL deal. The ground has a legally binding covenant on it. It can only be used for the purpose of sport/football (I forget the exact wording, but basically the ground can't be used for anything else). Heaney/Ridsdale/Guilfoyle have had talks with Plymouth City Council. A lot of speculation has been around whether they are trying to get the covenant overturned/rescinded, or whether they have just popped along for a chat to see what they can and can't do. There's talk of a Hotel/Retail outlet. We have a chap over on Pasoti who is our resident sleuth. He spotted the formation of new comapnies at Companies House of PAFC 125 Ltd, PAFC Stadium Ltd and more worryingly, Plymouth Retail Park Ltd. The latter two having Heaney as the sole director.

Aha, just found the covenent in full:

Not to cause or permit the Property or any part thereof to be used for any purpose other than a professional football stadium with other uses associated therewith namely: offices, storage, temporary accommodation, leisure uses (where uses are integral to the stadium), restaurants and bars, the retailing of sport and leisure products and merchandise, health and fitness sports clubs (where uses are integral to the stadium), public entertainment or education and for the holding of shows, conferences and events and also for such other associated purposes as the Transferor (council) may approve (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed).

It's the delays that are becoming unpallatable. With every delay instigated by BIL, liquidation gets a step closer. It's only the dedication, professionalism and sacrifices made by the playing and non playing staff that have kept us alive thus far.

I may be wrong here, but I think the administrator is now liable for wages. Hence why Guilfoyles boss is keen to pull the plug. Guilfoyle even took BIL to court to try and get them to stump up more cash to pay the wages last month.

He lost.

Again, I may be wrong here, so I'll chose my words carefully. If I recall correctly, part of the preferred bid process was the immediate payment of £1M to pay immediate liabilities. Basically, I think BIL should of stumped up that amount of cash to buy exclusivity in doing the deal. So far, they have paid around £300K, and that's why we can't pay wages.

There isn't a W. Archer involved in any of these new companies is there? Sounds like it. He's quite good at trying to get long term covenants/articles of association changed.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It does stink of a blend of the Leeds/Brighton problems. Bates/Archer/Bellotti/Stanley all mixed together to make Gullifail/Heaney. I think Risdale is just small fry in this one (I find myself shocked to say that!).

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
twitter.JPG

right i have just tweeted some great posters, even if i get one retweet it will reach thousands and it will promote Fans United.

i hope it helps?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I think we can safely tick Exeter City off the list: http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48558 Shame really, I was hoping they could put the hostilities aside for one day and take a few down there, but there doesn't seem to be any likelihood of that.

They sound like a bunch of very angry, very blind, fools. Let's hope they don't ever go the same way. They could find it very lonely.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
It does stink of a blend of the Leeds/Brighton problems. Bates/Archer/Bellotti/Stanley all mixed together to make Gullifail/Heaney. I think Risdale is just small fry in this one (I find myself shocked to say that!).

The whole BIL deal stinks to high heaven and is seen as unethical by many down 'ere. All we want is our club back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here