Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans or customers? How do you describe yourself?

What are you?

• Fan

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Customer

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am, and have been since 1971, and hopefully always will be, a FAN of the Albion.... but clearly I am a customer at the Amex.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I don't find it offensive in the slightest. I'm both a fan and a customer as I purchase goods and services from the club.

I really don't understand why everyone is getting so precious over this

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd find it offensive if Buckley or CMS called me a customer, but not a business-minded CEO whose job it is to speak in commercial tongue.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Clearly both. We are all (well I hope) supporters/fans and then we're all customers to a greater or lesser degree depending on how much product/service we buy from the club. So as a customer I buy seats, grub, booze, merchandise etc and as a supporter/fan I go and watch a game, speculate about league tables, transfer activity etc

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Clearly both. We are all (well I hope) supporters/fans and then we're all customers to a greater or lesser degree depending on how much product/service we buy from the club. So as a customer I buy seats, grub, booze, merchandise etc and as a supporter/fan I go and watch a game, speculate about league tables, transfer activity etc

And as a customer we have CHOICES that we don't have as a FAN.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I don't find it offensive in the slightest. I'm both a fan and a customer as I purchase goods and services from the club.

This this this

Some people need to wind their necks in.

I hope these utter shitstorms die down for 90 minutes tomorrow afternoon. Ultimately, it's all about what happens ON the pitch and we need to get behind the players

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
fan now and always will be but I expect the club sees me as a customer which is not a bad thing

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Good to see some people taking on the view that you are both a fan and a customer.

If you look at the definition of customer it is this: "A person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or other business." Which is what you are doing buying a pint, pie or something from the club shop.

At the same time we go to watch the games and support the team making us fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am, and have been since 1971, and hopefully always will be, a FAN of the Albion.... but clearly I am a customer at the Amex.

this with nobs on|!!!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Nor do I.
There are some fractious old nobbers on here at the moment who are precious old dinosaurs. Combo of end of the week, xmas stresses and over exertion at last nights crimbo bash......that's my excuse and I'm in a good mood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here