Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans of Joy Division, look away now.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Their image has been raped by a chuckling cartoon mouse and his candy cane empire. Is nothing sacred anymore?

header.jpeg

If you can stomach it, the full (real) story is here.

Glad to see Disney did their homework though. T-shirts for children based on a band named after concentration camp brothels whose frontman hanged himself. Ker-ching! :facepalm:

Having said all that, I'm gonna get one.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Seriously, this hasn't annoyed anyone else? It's like the Jonas Brothers walking into the middle of Abbey Road and taking it in turns to have a big old shit.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I can see the films now...

Winnie the Pooh: Love Will Bear Us Apart Again
Winnie the Pooh II: Pooh Dawn Fades

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bastards.

When are they bringing out the one with Walt's face superimposed on the tomb ala Closer?

I used to have the Unknown Pleasures T Shirt. Wifey threw it out in one of her decluttering episodes. :down:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
By coincidence I'm wearing an H&M t-shirt today with that Joy Div image and a ship floating on the 'waves'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seriously, this hasn't annoyed anyone else? It's like the Jonas Brothers walking into the middle of Abbey Road and taking it in turns to have a big old shit.

You do get the irony of why the band was called joy division don't you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone catch the joy division gig at the art college basement?:moo:
Gutted to miss it:facepalm:

I saw them in the crypt, the bar/performance area at Sussex university. There were only around 60 people in there...I think it was a gig to try out some new stuff they had put together....bloody loud but absolutely brilliant.

True story. A friend of my brother was ina crappy band in Manchester in the 70's and was playing a support slot at Salford College. My brother and sister, both Genesis fans, wanted to go to the gig and I, a punk, went along as well. Simons band finished and I wanted to stay to watch the rest of the gig but my brother and sister didn't like this 'punk stuff' and as they were driving I had to go with them.

To the best of my knowledge it was the last time The Fall and Joy Division played on the same line up. And they made me miss it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bastards.

When are they bringing out the one with Walt's face superimposed on the tomb ala Closer?

I used to have the Unknown Pleasures T Shirt. Wifey threw it out in one of her decluttering episodes. :down:

You have a decluttering wife? Lucky man. Other way round in our household. The hallway is like a Jewish Holocaust memorial with all the shoes stacked up everywhere.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Saw the New Order gig at the art college basement. Think it was about the third or fourth gig they ever did.

It must have been New Order, Joy Division never played in Brighton. Most gigographies are sketchy about the details of this gig - no recording or set-list has ever surfaced and the date of the gig itself has only ever been narrowed down to either Oct or Nov 1980. You don't still have the ticket stub, do you?! What is certain is that this was their second gig as a four piece. They'd played a handful of gigs as a three piece before Gillian Gilbert joined .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here