Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans meeting at the Amex: making the atmosphere good

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Fan tells Gus: "There was no atmosphere at the Hartlepool match because...

... we were winning four-nil".

:facepalm:

I wonder what other revelations tonight's fan meeting with throw up...

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, go behind if you want an atmosphere then.

Reminds me of when Schteve McClaren said you only see the real quality of England when they go behind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and that was me who said about the Hartlepool game....after we went 4-0 the game was killed off ! it was boring. anyway the point I was making was that what happens on the pitch reflects what mood the crowd gets into, and gus agreed actually.

interesting points tonight:
1. the management want the fans to forget singing songs and winding up the opposing fans and get behind the team
2. the stadium will not be open before 1 o'clock
3. tv, s around the concourses will be switched off/ show a message tonencourage people to take their seats and get behind the team. 15 minutes before ko
4. there will be a selection of loud music to wind the atmosphere up and in effect dround out the away fans, which is what happens to us at away games
5. the team will come out to GOSBTS.....I suggested that this may sound odd if we have been wound up by fat boy slim etc etc.
6. Tony Bloom and gus want the crowd to really lift the team even when we are not doing well.
7. Gus was not very happy about boo,ing. he said that some players really react badly and he is happy if you want to tell the players what you think, BUT do that after the game, not during it.
8. there is no point 8.
9 richard hebberd and ken brown were really positive and there are many things going on with things like t

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....sorry edit

....things like ticket exchange...flags...clappers etc
10. no drums or bands

I will post more as I remember it

dave

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps we need some shyte decisions to go against us early doors,a dodgy penalty maybe a sending off,get the old skool faces warmed up,then as our flair kicks in,we can do the ole,ole,ole.....................................ole,ole,ole.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Winding up the opposing fans is normal

but the inference was that fans spend more time doing that than getting behind the team.

this is a new era

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Two thousand away fans, in a tight block, under a roof... we are not going to have it all our own way as far as noise it concerned.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Oh, we're each going to get a flag to wave at the Donny match...

Would love us to have something like this for Donny!

01PixOfWeek0405AH_304x337.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oh yes....and...

gus loved the noooooooney chant and it really lifted the lad....also the Bennett song.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Two thousand away fans, in a tight block, under a roof... we are not going to have it all our own way as far as noise it concerned.

Must admit, a big away following is something I'm looking forward to. It always adds to the atmosphere and noise levels. Just think, there may well be quite a few Albion fans never to have experienced such a large away crowd. I'm old enough to remember the entire East terrace at the Goldstone being given over to away fans for the bigger games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here