Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans forum 1/8/13

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Q: Just going back to the logistics of the transport, both Paul and Tony - is it possible that Brighton could invest in their own rolling stock? We can have a transport system from Brighton to Lewes continually rolling during the period of the game that isn't reliant on the actual Southern Rail timetable. Cos we haven't got any choice but to go with what the timetable is. We've got commuters etc at the weekends, during the week, then you've got your leisure travellers at the weekend, and it's a mixture of football supporters and people who are not necessarily wanting to get involved with all that. I don't know whether it's a possibility but it's just a thought.

Was this guy really being serious? Club trains?? Question of the night for me!! Surely no one is that thick...........or maybe they are!:facepalm:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Q: Just going back to the logistics of the transport, both Paul and Tony - is it possible that Brighton could invest in their own rolling stock? We can have a transport system from Brighton to Lewes continually rolling during the period of the game that isn't reliant on the actual Southern Rail timetable. Cos we haven't got any choice but to go with what the timetable is. We've got commuters etc at the weekends, during the week, then you've got your leisure travellers at the weekend, and it's a mixture of football supporters and people who are not necessarily wanting to get involved with all that. I don't know whether it's a possibility but it's just a thought.

Christ_on_a_bike.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for the link, was having no luck with Player.
After listening to the whole show I have to say that Paul Barber came across as a very knowledgeable football person with The Albion's best interests at the top of his agenda. He appears to have a number of areas of expertise essential in running a football club. His answers about travel and catering made a lot of sense and I was shocked to hear that more beer is sold at The Amex than at Wembley or Old Trafford-not for long I suspect when other venues see how much money gets generated after the final whistle atAlbion games.

I liked the way Oscar obviously engaged his brain before his mouth before answering questions directed at him. Let's hope he becomes our most successful manager of all time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Was this guy really being serious? Club trains?? Question of the night for me!! Surely no one is that thick...........or maybe they are!:facepalm:

Yes, rather worryingly I think he was.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I expect the reply will be that contract negotiations are confidential but I would like to know why the club decided to release El Abd and Spanish Dave and then re sign them both. What was their thinking ?

They were both offered new contracts! Try to keep up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just listening, usual shit about safe standing as for the person who suggests the club own the trains what a complete and utter ****wit

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds

Hahaha

Yeah because if a football club had a few million spare it would be sensible for them to buy A TRAIN !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don’t get this Boxing Day business. If we’ve got the money to put on additional buses and trains, why couldn’t we have done this in 2011? We’ve had no big cash injection since then – in fact, PB keeps going on about cutting costs so, if anything, we have less money to spend.

I'm sure we could put on a few park and ride buses but I'm still not convinced we'll get trains on Boxing Day. The cost of employing the hordes of transport police alone would be massive, let alone the cost of running the trains. I'm sure Ernest or Beach Hut will confirm this, but aren't train companies often willing to pay fines for non-running of services as the cost of running them outweigh the fines?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don’t get this Boxing Day business. If we’ve got the money to put on additional buses and trains, why couldn’t we have done this in 2011? We’ve had no big cash injection since then – in fact, PB keeps going on about cutting costs so, if anything, we have less money to spend.

I'm sure we could put on a few park and ride buses but I'm still not convinced we'll get trains on Boxing Day. The cost of employing the hordes of transport police alone would be massive, let alone the cost of running the trains. I'm sure Ernest or Beach Hut will confirm this, but aren't train companies often willing to pay fines for non-running of services as the cost of running them outweigh the fines?

Also it was a tradition - but personally I am happier spending the day with the extended family. Let the train drivers have their holiday.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

There are some good questions in there, but that one was clearly the dumbest.

facepalm.png

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thanks for the link, was having no luck with Player.
After listening to the whole show I have to say that Paul Barber came across as a very knowledgeable football person with The Albion's best interests at the top of his agenda. He appears to have a number of areas of expertise essential in running a football club. His answers about travel and catering made a lot of sense and I was shocked to hear that more beer is sold at The Amex than at Wembley or Old Trafford-not for long I suspect when other venues see how much money gets generated after the final whistle atAlbion games.

I liked the way Oscar obviously engaged his brain before his mouth before answering questions directed at him. Let's hope he becomes our most successful manager of all time.

That was on occasion because Nathan was translating for him. Not that Oscar's English is bad, but he obviously needs a little assistance now and again.

I thought the whole panel did very well last night. Paul Barber gave very good answers and explained reasons are behind decisions rather than just to p**s fans off. Tony Bloom is the ultimate fan, running his own football club and was clearly emotional when describing the Gus situation - he obviously feels Gus let him down badly. Oscar - well we have a new hero don't we! His answers in broken English were full, considered and showed a dry sense of humour. I'm loving this fella already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here