Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans at football

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes, not so much cry but there was a tear in my eye when I thought we went out of the play-offs to swindon.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
3 times for me.

1. Wembley cup final defeat 1983
2. Italia '90 World Cup Semi Final
3. Last game at Goldstone

Just remembered, when we went out to Portugal in the last World Cup, there was a young lad in the pub with his dad, probably about 8 or 9 years old, bawling his eyes out. His dad put a fatherly arm around his shoulders, and uttered the imortal words......."We're England son. You'd better get used to this"
:lolol:

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No cos I'm WELL 'ARD!;)

But seriously, no I haven't.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I cried at Newcastle in 1979.

In my defence, I was just 16. :blush:

I often get emotional at good moments, but don't get too despondent when bad things happen.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I saw 18 stone tatooed millwall skinheads crying like girls after the Italia '90 semi final penalty shoot out, which was quite surreal.

But not me, oh no..

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
yes on saturday inface, i dropped my bovril and had no money to get another:down:

its bringing back the memories now:cry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I blub loads of times at matches. Then as a female I suppose I'm entitled.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Last game at the Goldstone, although I was forced ro watch it from above the East Stand. :angry:

A combination of touts, 'ground hoppers' (there were quite a few there, wanting to add the Goldstone to their list :censored: ) plus being a captain of my school 3rds, which got cancelled in the end, kept me out of the ground. :angry: :angry: Still, I have a piece of turf from the York City game :clap2:

I felt a bit tearful walking round the Brightob museum and finding a Goldstone display with an old turnstile there...:blush:

The Storer goal always brings a lump to my throat. It is all there on youtube. :bowdown: The sheer passion shown by him... Brighton Legend!!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
When we went out of Euro 2000 after losing 3-2 to Romania i cried.

and nearly after last years champions league final (even though im not an arsenal fan) but its explainable :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here