Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan base

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Really? It was a joke. I put a smiley to signal that but clearly not enough.

To spell it out you wrote that west of Brighton is, "much more gentile". I think you meant to write, "much more genteel."

Very odd indeed, is your life so dull that you trawl through football chat forums looking for spelling mistakes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I grew up in Eastbourne, and disregarding the plastics and southern reds, Brighton were the most popular team, even when we were proper shite. Hotbed is pushing it though.

When I first moved to Chichester where I live now, I wasn't slightly disappointed that it's Pompey skate bothering territory, I had mistakenly thought football allegiance would run alongside county loyalties too.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Very odd indeed, is your life so dull that you trawl through football chat forums looking for spelling mistakes?

I wasn't trawling through anything, I was reading your comment with interest, noticed the typo and made what I thought was a vaguely amusing quip as thousands of others have done on here over the years.

I seem to have upset you somehow for which I apologise.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I wasn't trawling through anything, I was reading your comment with interest, noticed the typo and made what I thought was a vaguely amusing quip as thousands of others have done on here over the years.

Nothing wrong with your quip; don't worry about it

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think a lot of people are priced out of Brighton and hove , especially those with young kids , so I expect there are large numbers of Albion fans living in places like lancing , Worthing , seaford , littlehampton etc as well as Burgess hill , Hayward’s Heath etc .

This! As Brighton and Hove property prices keep going up the city gets more and more residents from elsewhere moving in. This means locals end up moving out a bit further for something more affordable.

However a lot of those moving in have kids born here that who end up being Albion fans.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Well it depends on the part of Brighton you are talking about. Obviously in the parts where there is a lot of flat rentals and student houses the locals have moved on. But the parts of Brighton and Hove where the population is more settled, e.g. Whitehawk, Moulescombe, Hangleton, Fiveways, Poets Corner, Portland Road, Portslade, Prestonviille, etc. etc. the level of Albion support is high. And even if people in those areas are refugees from London their kids are joining the next generation of Albion fans.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You are a dinkhead.

See if you can spot the spelling mistake their.

Not 100% sure what this has to do with the Albion fan base?
The op simply asked if Worthing is a hotbed of football in regard to the Albion, I believe it is, it was mcwhatsisface that dripping about spelling . If you’re looking for a slanging match,you’re not going to get one with this Sailor [emoji8] It’s coming home don’t you know.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
You would argue, but you're not going to. Is that correct?

I am prepared to argue robustly. I’m not referring to Albion fans being priced out of Brighton over recent years moving West. I firmly believe that Worthing and Lancing have provided a disproportionate amount of the away support for the last 40 years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread's going well. :lolol:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I don`t know if most of our fanbase is from the Worthing /Lancing area but , when i travel by train from Dawzet for a game the train gets very full very quickly at about Goring-by-sea onwards . If you keep moving west at the current rate there will be some very interesting accents in the North stand .:hilton:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it's always been true that Brighton has a supporter base spread across the county, especially as (until Crawley rose through the ranks) it was the only pro club in Sussex.

Some of these people are from Brighton originally but I suspect the majority aren't.

This. I grew up in Seaford in the 70's before our glory days, and there were always loads of Albion even then. Same for Eastbourne and the surrounding areas. East and West Sussex has always mustered great support for us. I know it is Brighton but it's Sussex's club.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011

No, if anything he should be apologising as he has basically called you a racist and even after having his error politely explained continued to be aggressive and boorish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I grew up in Eastbourne, and disregarding the plastics and southern reds, Brighton were the most popular team, even when we were proper shite. Hotbed is pushing it though.

When I first moved to Chichester where I live now, I wasn't slightly disappointed that it's Pompey skate bothering territory, I had mistakenly thought football allegiance would run alongside county loyalties too.

Nah football allegiances run alongside train loyalties.

The Littlehampton line loops round to the right (Brighton)
The Bognor line loops round to the left (Pompey)

Chi is deffo Pompey territory.
Obviously the further north you go, it becomes a little more diverse.
So in places like Arundel the Albion are competing with the likes of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, but who really knows as I rule I can hardly understand a word they say.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anyway , Mid Wales is a veritable hotbed of Albionites , on a matchday home or away there are at least 2 full cars heading to the game from deepest Wales , there was even 3 cars once but that was because we were playing Leeds I expect .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don`t know if most of our fanbase is from the Worthing /Lancing area but , when i travel by train from Dawzet for a game the train gets very full very quickly at about Goring-by-sea onwards . If you keep moving west at the current rate there will be some very interesting accents in the North stand .:hilton:

Even Worzels taking over? :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here