Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Panel Meeting about Amex Atmosphere, Thursday

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I saw a post on an online group that there is a Fan Advisory Panel Meeting on Thursday where the main topic will be the atmosphere at the Amex. I haven't seen anything about it on NSC but maybe I missed it.

For the FAP members who participate on NSC........Is it correct that there is this meeting on Thursday and, if so, is there any mechanism for you to collect data about the feelings of all fans on this. ( For instance, many of us would be horrified if there was any consideration of allowing drums at the Amex. And many of us feel that TV audiences do not truly hear the actual atmosphere which we experience. That's just two of mine, but we would all have an opinion on many of the topics which might be discussed. )

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I like the idea of a drum, a great big bloody kettle drum, and a lunatic with a megaphone bouncing up and down on a milk crate.
Maybe every time we score we could throw blue and white toilet rolls on the pitch, followed by flares so they catch fire, and as a cloud of smoke engulfs the stadium and we can all cough in unison.

Plus we can arrange for all trains & buses to leave Falmer the earliest an hour after kick off, to stop early leavers.

what is not to like.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This is all BS. Remind me again where Palace finished last season?
The atmosphere follows what is happening on the pitch, always has and always will, not only the result, it’s the passion, effort, style of play etc. There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere when we dismantled Leicester.

I want to see the away fans moved but that is to give our team an advantage not to boost the atmosphere.

SAC

May 21, 2014
We can't even agree if they atmosphere is bad or not, agreeing on how to solve a problem that a lot don't think exists is impossible. The problem (if there is one) isn't the design of the ground, the lack of clackers or drums, or the acoustics. The problem is that not enough people want to come along and make an atmosphere, when they do it can be ok, when they don't it's not.

The mindset that your season ticket seat is yours until you decide to move or stop attending would have to change but it's too entrenched.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The atmosphere follows what is happening on the pitch, always has and always will, not only the result, it’s the passion, effort, style of play etc. There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere when we dismantled Leicester.

I want to see the away fans moved but that is to give our team an advantage not to boost the atmosphere.

Was there a better atmosphere post match at United, West Ham, Leicester etc cos of the music that was played post final whistle ? (Ie: winning helps but perhaps there are other things you can do to generate singing, chanting etc )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

All of this. And nothing else :thumbsup:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I saw a post on an online group that there is a Fan Advisory Panel Meeting on Thursday where the main topic will be the atmosphere at the Amex. I haven't seen anything about it on NSC but maybe I missed it.

For the FAP members who participate on NSC........Is it correct that there is this meeting on Thursday and, if so, is there any mechanism for you to collect data about the feelings of all fans on this. ( For instance, many of us would be horrified if there was any consideration of allowing drums at the Amex. And many of us feel that TV audiences do not truly hear the actual atmosphere which we experience. That's just two of mine, but we would all have an opinion on many of the topics which might be discussed. )

Whatever you think you are experiencing from where you are sitting, trust me, from the south end of WSL the Amex home atmosphere is terrible. Even against most of the big teams these days. The only real exception lately was United last season. Something needs to be attempted to make it better.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'How do we improve the atmosphere at the Amex?' is becoming the new 'Where's the FA Cup Final money?'

No-one knows.

No one will ever know.

The question will continue to be asked for eternity :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've been to every premier league ground and the atmosphere at most if not all (and yes even Selhurst) is average. Very average. Ours is no better or worse. When the team are winning it's great. Same as any other Premier League stadium. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Although I concur that the away fans need moving into the East lower/South East corner, but been saying that for 12 years.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
the away fans need moving into the East lower/South East corner, but been saying that for 12 years.

If they are going to be moved I'd prefer if they were moved into the SW corner so they aren't really visible for televised games.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In my mind, the reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the fan base is too old, too middle class and don’t really support Brighton enough

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Tifos before games, a drum and someone in the north stand with a microphone to make sure we’re all singing the same song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here