Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan Advisory Panel Meeting about Amex Atmosphere, Thursday

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Is there anyone that posts regularly on NSC now on the FAB ? There were only 6 names profiled in a recent programme. I remember one resignation, well documented on here. But there were two fewer than the original 8 that were elected.
And i don't think [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] was one of them.

Do tell on the resignation? Always enjoy a bit of drama.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So fans who can afford to travel home and away and have done so for 20 + years are to blame?

Let's get some more coke sniffing youngsters to generate an atmosphere !!

You don’t have to like it, but it’s undeniable this would generate a better atmosphere. Half of the WSU don’t dare shout to loud for fear of bringing on a heart attack. As for the ESU…

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In my mind, the reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the fan base is too old, too middle class and don’t really support Brighton enough

This is totally contradictory. The older fans will have seen us through Gillingham and Withdean. They support Brighton far more than some 17 year old who’s only there to stick gak up his nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In my mind, the reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the fan base is too old, too middle class and don’t really support Brighton enough

………..and yet the old, middle class fans bitch about the ‘drug taking pissed up youth’ who stand where they want at away games and shout obscenities at the oppo. It’s almost as though we lost an almost complete generation of fans due to playing shit football at crap grounds at some point.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
………..and yet the old, middle class fans bitch about the ‘drug taking pissed up youth’ who stand where they want at away games and shout obscenities at the oppo. It’s almost as though we lost an almost complete generation of fans due to playing shit football at crap grounds at some point.

You should see the fans Darlington get in :lolol:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This is totally contradictory. The older fans will have seen us through Gillingham and Withdean. They support Brighton far more than some 17 year old who’s only there to stick gak up his nose

Might use that on the next campaign. “The candidate for Gak using 17 year olds.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(Awaits to be shot down in flames) I’m pretty happy with Amex match days and the NS atmosphere this season’s been great.

No complaints here.

When we play well, people are noisy. When we play shit, less so.

I would suggest that this is fair, right and proper.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the atmosphere is down to the fans , if they make a racket then the atmosphere is produced , if they don't the atmosphere remains flat , it's not rocket science , there are large sections of our support who just do not and will not sing or make a racket.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Might use that on the next campaign. “The candidate for Gak using 17 year olds.”

:lolol:

I should probably add that, of course, not all 17 year olds are off their nut and many are helping the atmosphere. But if you're just there to take coke, as it seems a sizeable minority are, then you're obviously more interested in that than football.

the atmosphere is down to the fans , if they make a racket then the atmosphere is produced ,

That's literally what an atmosphere is. Kicking the ball is down to the players. If they do then we have a game of football

there are large sections of our support who just do not and will not sing or make a racket.

Not quite true. They seem to manage for odd games. Literally the whole ground singing for Sheffield Weds at home. The atmosphere normally picks up for Palace as well. But for most games our fans are reactive, even the supposed singing leaders in the North. We'll never have proactive fans in terms of atmosphere and putting it to a committee to ask why is a bit pointless IMO. No different to other grounds either. Villa is a "proper" ground with "proper" fans and they were silent until they scored against us last season. United's atmosphere was terrible this season. Fulham is every bit as middle class as its reputation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Playing songs at the right time either before or after has an effect on the atmosphere, as does what you put on screens, what you say over the tannoy, the amount of people in the ground and who they are and where they sit. Drums, pyro, flags, can all play a role (or not) . And so on -Yes - you can’t control what happens on the pitch but it’s just glib to argue it’s merely down to if we’re winning or losing. Hence worth discussing and trying things.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Going back to the 70/80s Goldstone days (yes I know) the best atmosphere in the North Stand was often during the 30 + minute lead up to kick off.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:lolol:

I should probably add that, of course, not all 17 year olds are off their nut and many are helping the atmosphere. But if you're just there to take coke, as it seems a sizeable minority are, then you're obviously more interested in that than football.

That's literally what an atmosphere is. Kicking the ball is down to the players. If they do then we have a game of football

Not quite true. They seem to manage for odd games. Literally the whole ground singing for Sheffield Weds at home. The atmosphere normally picks up for Palace as well. But for most games our fans are reactive, even the supposed singing leaders in the North. We'll never have proactive fans in terms of atmosphere and putting it to a committee to ask why is a bit pointless IMO. No different to other grounds either. Villa is a "proper" ground with "proper" fans and they were silent until they scored against us last season. United's atmosphere was terrible this season. Fulham is every bit as middle class as its reputation.

yes indeed , some of the best games i've been to for atmosphere were in the 80's with large crowds of pissed up men just basically being a nuisance and making a din for the whole game , i have been to football in Morrocco where the atmosphere was unbelievable where alcohol was virtually non existent , at the risk of getting flamed we have a lot of mums and kids and a lot of older supporters who contribute very little to the atmosphere , went to a midweek game a few years ago against Birmingham and ended up sat next to a mother with 2 young kids ......its a real mood killer at the football.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So basically we’re saying…

Stand where you want,
Change the fans,
Put the kids and women in one stand,
Get everyone pissed,
Put the away fans in a part of the ground where they can’t see the game,
Oh, and play exciting football or have exciting scorelines.

Easy.

And, no drum.

Can we have fences and barbed wire too? I always think they add to an atmosphere.

In all seriousness, they key thing is not to over sanitize or organize the entire experience and to let the crowd organize itself a little more. And that principle, or access to that experience, should run through as much of the Amex as possible.

There’s a reason certain clubs have certain groups who ‘create an atmosphere.’ It’s because they let them get on with it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We don’t have a signature song that everyone knows, we have a few chants different songs about players but no real fans anthem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here