Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous, Rich and Homeless

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blandford's experience

Day 1 - wandered around London having not shaved that morning, phoned his wife complaining about his suffering ready to throw the towel in after 8 hours

Night - booked into a 4 star hotel with double bed and en suite

Day 2 - After eating a gut buster full English fry up he could not finish and complaining he did not sleep very well, wandered around London a bit having not shaved that morning again

Night - told the film crew to f*** off and legged it back to his Palace

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Blandford's experience

Day 1 - wandered around London having not shaved that morning, phoned his wife complaining about his suffering ready to throw the towel in after 8 hours

Night - booked into a 4 star hotel with double bed and en suite

Day 2 - After eating a gut buster full English fry up he could not finish and complaining he did not sleep very well, wandered around London a bit having not shaved that morning again

Night - told the film crew to f*** off and legged it back to his Palace

Feckless bastard
I must say it never ceases to amaze me just how generous the British (and others) are when people are genuinely in trouble .......................great documentary.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
didnt he 'go missing' the first night, last seen in carpark under a swanky hotell (which he probably owns..)

Lord twat.

annabel croft and hardeep singh kohli seem to be coping best..

will it all end in a diamond white fuelled shagfest, behind the bins??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Les is really struggling now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now their minder has sworn at them - not good at all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I never would have thought homelessness is a bit shit if these z list celebrities hadn't informed me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never would have thought homelessness is a bit shit if these z list celebrities hadn't informed me.

I think if any program highlights the issue and does something positive it is worth doing .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be honest it was all a bit patronising wasn't it.

The Comedian came across as an utter c*nt tonight and it was all about me , me , me. He just talked about how much he had suffered.

Croft was annoying but her heart is in the right place and the bloke telling her she was f***ing irratating after she had spent 6 nights on the streets was bang out of order and lost all credibility from that point

The Journalist was a typical lovely. Harmless enough.

Les came across best but he looked at home in the dinkers hostilry in Glasgow and I wondered if he might have asked to stay on there.

Still they are home, nice and snug and the people are still on the streets so a waste of time really.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[/QUOTE]Still they are home, nice and snug and the people are still on the streets so a waste of time really.
It seemed to be what the big Issue founder was trying to show them.
So apart from seeing the participants reaction, what was the point?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Big Issue seller was spot on and showed what a c*nt that Comedian was who had his sleep interrupted.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Les battenberg or whatever his name is looked very comfy in the home and by the end of the show i think he realised exactly how close to being there he really was

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest it was all a bit patronising wasn't it.

The Comedian came across as an utter c*nt tonight and it was all about me , me , me. He just talked about how much he had suffered.

Croft was annoying but her heart is in the right place and the bloke telling her she was f***ing irratating after she had spent 6 nights on the streets was bang out of order and lost all credibility from that point

The Journalist was a typical lovely. Harmless enough.

Les came across best but he looked at home in the dinkers hostilry in Glasgow and I wondered if he might have asked to stay on there.

Still they are home, nice and snug and the people are still on the streets so a waste of time really.

The bloke who runs the big issue won't have lost any credibility at all. He's famously like that, thinks the homeless can only help themselves.

He is famously "Thatcherite" in his approach to dealing with the problem. I liked his reaction, he was trying to put to bed any sense that the celebs had done it to raise their profile.

None of them came out of it looking good, but I think that was the point.

I liked the programme, it wasn't in the least bit patronising and gave a very differently slant on the problem than usual.

There isn't a phone number you can ring, or a charity you can give money to that will get rid of the problem. All that will do is probably keep those people alive, but it won't necessarily get them off the street.

The problem isn't the fact the people are homeless, the problem is whatever lead them to be homeless in the first place. Drugs, family, crime, mental problems.

Seeing that these problems are so varied and individual is very hard to know exactly what the answer is.

I think Rosie Boycott summed it up very well at the end in her view that in the past communities and families may have helped to stop this happening a bit more.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought it was a very good insight into the issue.

I thought Les nade a valid point a muderer in prison has human rights yet a homeless person on the streets has none.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here