Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family stand sun today ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Didn't go today as saving myself for Donny. Just curious to know how the sun situation was in the family stand today, what with it being a scorcher and all that. I'm assuming it was full on like at Withdean ?, but was there some relief from it in any of the rows near the back ?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We were row Q, didn't get direct sun, although it was bright thru the roof.

It was from about 2-3 rows in front of us that were in the sun.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Will be the east stand so looks like sun cream and sun glasses then next sat, assuming it's going to be sunny. I certainly hope so.

Cannot wait :D

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I will say if you're looking to sunbathe, then the wind whistles thru there quite a bit, was a bit chilly at times

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We were row Q, didn't get direct sun, although it was bright thru the roof.

It was from about 2-3 rows in front of us that were in the sun.

Nice one, just what I was hoping to hear :thumbsup: We're in row X so that suits me just fine.

Hope you had a great day today.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I will say if you're looking to sunbathe, then the wind whistles thru there quite a bit, was a bit chilly at times

Chilly, in the east? It certainly wasn't chilly in the family stand. My two boys were complaining that it was too hot! Certainly was a contrast to the SCC final where I was both wet and cold.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like the back rows could be dry in the wet ( unless a very strong wind is blowing it in ) and out of the blazing sun :clap:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Will be the east stand so looks like sun cream and sun glasses then next sat, assuming it's going to be sunny. I certainly hope so.

Cannot wait :D

So we build a new tier then? Will there be a bit more shade?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
the view from the east stand was awesome, nice and sunny, didnt give me a problem watching the game at all

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Row U&V for our lot and it was very pleasant, sun above the stand out of our eyes although in winter I assume it will be lower if we see it at all! Not chilly or windy that I could detect and was the perfect temperature for me and the kids in shorts and t-shirts. It will change from game to game no doubt but thought it was great today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was one time in the first half when Ankergren did a high clearance to KLL. It came at him out of the sun and he just couldn't see it til too late and it went out for a throw. Need to kit the players out with :cool: on sunny days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here