Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family Holiday Inspiration

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
NSC seems to have the answers to most of lifes questions so i need some reccomendations for a family holiday.

Somewhere in the Med, for me, the Mrs and 2 year old boy. Perfect would be a nice port/town that has some nice bars and restaurants but is not full of clubs and chavs.

Hotel needs to be kid friendly ie shallow pool, maybe a park etc

any advice greatly recieved

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Port de Pollenca, Mallorca.

Seems to be bypassed by chavs, a bit more expensive, and a lovely resort.

Multi-national, so not just Brits, and just a 2 hour flight.

Great beach, and theme parks are easily assessible on the compact island.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When are you going? Dubrovnik out of season (ie not July or August) could be a go-er.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Just got back from Palmanova, Majorca. Great flight time, 1 hr 50 there and 1hr 20 mins back. 20 mins taxi from airport. Lovely area for kids, beautiful beaches, very nice holiday. Use travelrepublic.co.uk as it is by far the easiest website to book holidays on, pretty competitive prices too.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
We've just got back from 2 weeks all inc at The Holiday Village, Playa de la Arena in Tenerife - our 3 year old had a blast. Exclusive to First Choice, which is the only down side

Very nice with good food and at a reasonable price. You can also book directly as it is owned by Luabay and called Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel - luabay.com

Last edited:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just got back from Palmanova, Majorca.

My favourite part of Majorca, however for a bit of a quieter and child friendly holiday, may not be the best bet due to the crowds and youngrels.
Majorca is lovely though! :thumbsup:
I'd suggest Sa Coma, East coast of Majorca. I'm going back there 2 weeks today for a week!

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Settled on Menorca in the end.I like the look of Mallorca but the transfer times to some of the resorts suggested were around 1.5 hrs which didn't fancy.

Some good advice though and came very close to booking one of the hotels suggested.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Settled on Menorca in the end.I like the look of Mallorca but the transfer times to some of the resorts suggested were around 1.5 hrs which didn't fancy.

Some good advice though and came very close to booking one of the hotels suggested.

Have a great time.

(The Pollensa transfer time is only 50 minutes. The company may have been adding on a standard and often exagerated 40 minutes, to ALL flights, for the collecting of cases etc).

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Have a great time.

(The Pollensa transfer time is only 50 minutes. The company may have been adding on a standard and often exagerated 40 minutes, to ALL flights, for the collecting of cases etc).

Cheers mate and I'll certainly bear that in mind for next years hols

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

If you can afford to take a wife & a 2 year old abroad you can afford to get a cab from the airport to your destination.

Which means reaching hotel first.no stop start coaches & no queues at hotel

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
We used to go to Morairia in Spain. Every year. The kids loved it, and it doesnt feel too touristy but it has lots of nice restaurants and things.

If your looking for a tranquil place for a beachy family holiday, this is the one. I even met Mr Motivator there in the old days when he was doing a thing for GMTV

Moraira

Bit loathed to tell people about this one, in case it changes.

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
one place I would never go again would be Turkey. If you have a teenage daughter or you plan on taking an attractive girlfriend beware. I went to Marmaris with my girlfriend and the Turkish blokes I saw there were complete scumbags!

Complete dirty leaches latching onto anything in skirts!

a 2 year old eh? we've been twice in a year with one of them, Magaluf....bear with me, short flight, 20 min taxi journey(albeit 40 euros) down the far end is the luverly 'Sol Guardalupe' 3 pools, one about a foot deep, perfect. small play area,acouple of Spanish restaurants and not too noisy bars nearby and the beach is perfect for the little un, very flat, clean sand, and Happy House/Tom Browns both know how to feed a fussy 2 year old, you don't need to go anywhere near the Square/BCM etc! Sa Coma's lovely, I just didn't fancy the transfer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When our kids were young, we took them to Menorca quite a few times - Excellent choice for young families. Get a car and it's easy to get around with some excellent Fish restaurants in Fornells

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here