Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

False Economy

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You post a decent response then follow it with this one, will you never learn

How old are you?

I've never ridiculed anyone for having a different opinion to me. Some people prefer Hypia as an option over Hantz, personally I'm in the Hantz camp. But people are entitled to their opinions, and neither of those opinions is right or wrong, it's people's interpretation of the stats and their own personal feel about which would work best. Suggesting that the club haven't hired a manager because they are trying to save on wages is not a different opinion, it is a moronic, idiotic thing to say that is absolutely, categorically wrong, and worthy only of ridicule.

Have some half sensible opinions instead of your usual drivel, and you won't get ridiculed.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
with the very best players in the world.
saving a couple of weeks wages could mean saving half a million
it is not out of the question that it is a factor at lower levels
probably not for the manager

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What is the club's view on signing players?
Tony has stated that he will not finance star signins and that the club must be self sustainable,he has bought the ferrari but is not going to run it. I am not knocking him but that is the situation we are in.Tony is not a russian billionaire promotion is not realistic

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tony has stated that he will not finance star signins and that the club must be self sustainable,he has bought the ferrari but is not going to run it. I am not knocking him but that is the situation we are in.Tony is not a russian billionaire promotion is not realistic

I'm not sure we are a Ferrari. I do not believe we can ever break even and sustain a spell in the Championship and be competitive. Breaking even is just lip service.

He'll obviously want to get promoted, but why advertise yourself as a club that will pay top dollar? It's possible to get promoted without spending silly money*. Silly money doesn't guarantee promotion. Leicester and Cardiff racked up massive debts before gaining promotion. That's not a road we want to go down, surely?

* it's silly money anyway

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

He has bought the Ferrari and he will drive it. It's us who are watching.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm with you on this one, Grombleton. Who do you think it is?

I've no idea. It has the banal and brainless leanings of an Ernest, but it could be anyone. I'm sure the mods can tell though!

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
degumavu.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not signing a manager and new players to save on wages is a faulse economy that can be compared to not maintaning an old house to keep savings in your bank account,in the end your house will fall down

Surely you can't be serious?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not signing a manager and new players to save on wages is a faulse economy that can be compared to not maintaning an old house to keep savings in your bank account,in the end your house will fall down

And to continue your analogy: If you went to the store to buy a hammer to fix your broken fence and the store was sold out but could order one for you you would refuse to wait and buy a belt sander instead just because it was the first tool you came across that was available rather than wait and get the right tools for the job ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Or to turn it on its head, all new players contracts start on 1 July, if we signed 10 players tomorrow we wouldn't start paying them until that date.

Unless of course they were already out of contract and a free agent and part of the deal is to start paying them straight away.

Do you ever bother reading any replies properly?

I doubt he even read that one.

And to continue your analogy: If you went to the store to buy a hammer to fix your broken fence and the store was sold out but could order one for you you would refuse to wait and buy a belt sander instead just because it was the first tool you came across that was available rather than wait and get the right tools for the job ?

Now Mr Mutts Nutt, that is a post you could learn from however, only if a) you actually read it and b) you actually understand it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What would have happened if Oscar went during the footballing season? You can be sure Bloom wouldn't wait this long to appoint someone surely?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What would have happened if Oscar went during the footballing season? You can be sure Bloom wouldn't wait this long to appoint someone surely?

You are correct. And?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You are correct. And?

I'm curious why the delay. We appointed Poyet during the season and i'm sure that didn't take long. Not that i'm bothered.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

To judge from most of what he posts, the concept of a 'right tool' cannot be entirely alien to him.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm curious why the delay. We appointed Poyet during the season and i'm sure that didn't take long. Not that i'm bothered.

Well I assume the timing of the departure of Oscar means we can so a more thorough interview process and don't have to rush an appointment. Which has to be a good thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here