Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer's head wanker spread some more manure

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mr Burns said:
Why does the Argus print this shit. Everyone's entitled to make a point, but when the facts are so totally wrong, and they must know so, why print these letters.

Simple, readership. It's in their interest to be slightly controversial, and they want as many people as possible to read the newspaper

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's the annoying thing because, as I said earlier, there are people who really don't know what's going on and will take this twat's word for it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
bhaexpress said:
Have consideration for the quieter majority of people who will lose so much if the stadium is built there.

So much "quieter" that they didn't even bother raising their democratic voice when it came to the local referendum.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, but people who wish, quite reasonably, to experience the beautiful chalk downland of Sussex do not strap on their Berghaus boots and red woollen socks and head for the concrete/duckweed environs of Falmer singing "val da ree, val da ra!".

They go to Devil's Dyke, or Ditchling Beacon, or Jack & Jill mills, or Cuckmere Haven, or Chanctonbury Ring, or Ashdown and Friston Forests or any one of hundreds of other fine examples of the South Downs and Sussex Weald.

Falmer is no industrial estate, but nor is it an internationally (or indeed locally) renowned beauty spot, and I wish the occupants of that particular village of the damned would cease pretending otherwise.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The main point surely is that the views of twats like this have now stopped mattering, for all practical purposes. (A phrase that automatically rules out the Argus letters page, which exists only to provide local blimps with some kind of loony tunes parallel universe.)

He's wrong. We know he's wrong. He almost certainly knows he is wrong. The Argus letters editor knows he's wrong.

This man's letter will have all the real world impact of my writing to argue that the West Pier should be reconstructed in handmade Belgian chocolate.

And... relax.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gilliver's Travels said:
the Argus letters page, which exists only to provide local blimps with some kind of loony tunes parallel universe

How right you are.

I read it without fail, just to see what the numerous old farts with too much time on their hands are blustering indignantly about this time.

Lately it has largely been moans about:

-the King Alfred development, most of them using a moan about the Gehry design plans to avoid stating their real fears, which are the NIMBY's most dreaded words: Low Cost Housing.

-Gay Pride, principally full of letters starting with phrases like "I'm not prejudiced but.." and "I know several very nice gays but...", and ending with comments about how the oppressed straight majority population shouldn't have to endure traffic congestion caused by gay people parading for a whole 0.0068% of the year.

-wheelie bins, and the ugliness of them in posh areas (hmmm, more NIMBYism creeping in again??) versus the posibly even uglier state of bin bags shredded by seagulls.

-Parking (I want to park by my house but nobody else should be allowed to).

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
TWAT!

Im from out of town and I regularly go to Famler, I especially enjoy going to the Penny Arcade on the West Pier or whatever its called!!!

:lolol: :lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
edna krabappel said:
Sorry, but people who wish, quite reasonably, to experience the beautiful chalk downland of Sussex do not strap on their Berghaus boots and red woollen socks and head for the concrete/duckweed environs of Falmer singing "val da ree, val da ra!".

They go to Devil's Dyke, or Ditchling Beacon, or Jack & Jill mills, or Cuckmere Haven, or Chanctonbury Ring, or Ashdown and Friston Forests or any one of hundreds of other fine examples of the South Downs and Sussex Weald.

Falmer is no industrial estate, but nor is it an internationally (or indeed locally) renowned beauty spot, and I wish the occupants of that particular village of the damned would cease pretending otherwise.

quite right Edna.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
edna krabappel said:

-Parking (I want to park by my house but nobody else should be allowed to).

Although, to be fair, it is bloody annoying when all the on-street parking around your gaff is taken by shoppers / church-goers or taekwondo fighters :angry:

Challenge them and it's either a handbag, bible or foot in the head :nono:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
ever seen the whicker man where the inbred locals burn "the outsider" Edward Woodward ? that'll be us if we hang around too long after a night game !

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
the wanderbus said:
ever seen the whicker man where the inbred locals burn "the outsider" Edward Woodward ? that'll be us if we hang around too long after a night game !

Er, I think you'll find the whicker man is that smarmy old gent with the tash who did all those ads for Barclaycard.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Falmer Village
Twinned with Royston Vasey
Falmer Welcomes Careful Drivers

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
" Anthony Schaffer masterpiece with Christopher Lee (isn't he the most underrated British actor of all time?) as the leader of the cult Lord Summerisle - and Edward Woodward as the luckless hero. Superb acting and Britt eckland with the most erotic slapping on the wall ever seen in a film. And a musical score to boot."
http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2092.html

Doesnt really matter who was in it, its still just like Falmer village

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
king Wombat said:
the guy is perfectly entitled to his opinion.

just cos we don't agree with him doesn't mean he can' t have his views published.

Even when they're lies and his letter was designed to provide misleading information ?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
probably the same bloke who flagged down john piercy for driving too fast down the lane on the way to training.didn't look too happy when john told him to 'do one'and nearly drove over his dog.had a look on his face that could probably only be described as if i had gone round to one of his dinner parties,dropped my gunties,and quacked an eggy one out over his canapes

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Race said:
probably the same bloke who flagged down john piercy for driving too fast down the lane on the way to training.didn't look too happy when john told him to 'do one'and nearly drove over his dog.had a look on his face that could probably only be described as if i had gone round to one of his dinner parties,dropped my gunties,and quacked an eggy one out over his canapes

TMI Race !

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Race said:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

That's Tank. You can TELL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:
From the Argus -

Letter: 'Falmer for all' isn't a true claim

Though I am not anti-football and am quite happy for the Albion to have a stadium but, yet again, out-of-town fans from all points of the compass are bleating for a stadium at Falmer, a place which most of them have never seen.

Meanwhile, the Albion continue to push the "Falmer for all" campaign, which is a complete nonsense as a greater majority of people than the football enthusiasts already visit Falmer for many types of recreation.

They come principally for the quiet ambience and charm of the old buildings of the village itself and for the outstanding natural beauty of the Downs which surround it.

Therefore, Falmer and its environs are already there for all to enjoy and always have been.

However, if the stadium is built, this precious delight will be ruined by this concrete monstrosity - a blight on the landscape.

Falmer will then be only for football fans, its present beauty having been spoiled for everyone else.

Have consideration for the quieter majority of people who will lose so much if the stadium is built there.

It is the most sensitive of all the possible sites proposed and the structure would be seen from far and wide, which is exactly what this area does not want.

-J Hayward, Brighton

Old buildings ? Does he mean the SUssex Uni monstrosities by some chance ?

I wonder how many of us have seen Falmer. I reckon most of us so the part about fans not having seen it is rubbish (in fact the whole letter is rubbish)

Saying it is the most sensitive of all the sites is a downright lie. The one day Ned and I went to the public inquiry, all the evidence was about noise, light, pollution, traffic and nuisance value.
Sheepcote Valley and Toad Hole are far more sensitive in most of those categories than Falmer.

Prat

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here