Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmers Blue roof

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Isn't the actual cost of the stadium itself about £66m though?
The other £27m being all the other surrounding works.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Similar to Bristol City's planned ground. :ohmy: I've seen the plans - trust me, your well ahead in comparison.

It looks like royal mail depot.

It looks like royal mail depot.

Here's a scaled down version with retractable roof option

Fabric-Shoe-Box-Fabric-Box-FB056-.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Here's a scaled down version with retractable roof option

Fabric-Shoe-Box-Fabric-Box-FB056-.jpg

LOL.

However shit it may look I can't help but feel a little sorry for the worsells, I get the impression they will be in for a rough ride trying to get it approved.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
doncaster_keepmoat1.jpg

WHY did Doncaster stlll go for floodlights ?

:facepalm:

From a practical point of view, of course you're right, but I still like that you still have old-ish fashioned floodlights at modern stadia.

I don't know about any one else, but I've always got a little bit of a buzz when I see a ground's floodlights from the train or road and on the approach to the ground.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From a practical point of view, of course you're right, but I still like that you still have old-ish fashioned floodlights at modern stadia.

I don't know about any one else, but I've always got a little bit of a buzz when I see a ground's floodlights from the train or road and on the approach to the ground.

I know what you mean - in days gone by, "floodlight-hunting" was a key component of locating the ground on an away trip in some far-flung godforsaken northern fleapit. I do miss looking out for floodlights.

Those ones at the new Donny stadium growing through the roof just look daft though.

The blue roof at Falmer filters the sun out nearly completely, so those sitting beneath will not be bothered. Personally I think it's superb, although I could never sanction such a move for Swansea as anything Blue would be considered sacrilege.

If it filters the sun out "nearly completely", the grass will die and the pitch will be terrible:eek:

and anyway its a bit of a sea change from Withdean (I can't keep the rain off!") to falmer (It might be too sunny!):ohmy::laugh::amex:

QUOTE=Easy 10;3771306]I know what you mean - in days gone by, "floodlight-hunting" was a key component of locating the ground on an away trip in some far-flung godforsaken northern fleapit. I do miss looking out for floodlights.

Those ones at the new Donny stadium growing through the roof just look daft though.[/QUOTE]
these look familiar..............
attachment.php
[

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Have there been any decent aerial shots posted in the last week or so?

It's just that there have been a regular flow of them over the duration of the build from fans going on flyovers but I haven't seen any for a few weeks and would love to see what it looks like now compared to this a few weeks ago -

Attachments

• DSC01562.JPG
    DSC01562.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 170

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here