Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
O.k so the big decision is due very soon,but seriously if it gets amazingly rejected that surely is the end of brighton and hove albion football club.

Im sure you all realise this as there is no way out if the unbelievable happens grrrrrrrr.??? :shootself

MRRF 10

berkshire seagull said:
O.k so the big decision is due very soon,but seriously if it gets amazingly rejected that surely is the end of brighton and hove albion football club.

Im sure you all realise this as there is no way out if the unbelievable happens grrrrrrrr.??? :shootself

it wouldnt be the end of the club.

The lease for withdean is coming up for renewal soon, if we were to win that then we could rip the athletics track up and build permanent stands on each side. Then once we are in the premiership we can try for falmer again

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As Falmer is the only place in Brighton & Hove they can build the stadium, I daresay you are right. The Albion might have to change their name if Prescott says NO.

I very much doubt if Prescott knows the date?

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Re: Re: Falmer?

uranus said:

The lease for withdean is coming up for renewal soon, if we were to win that then we could rip the athletics track up and build permanent stands on each side. Then once we are in the premiership we can try for falmer again

Im glad you see it as easy as that,but can't see any building happening at withdean when we struggle to get 2k seats and you rearly think we can keep paying nearly 3 million to do it all again i think not.

We have to face facts that if we fail which im sure we won't then thats it end of it bar maybe another season or 2 at the withdean.:smokin: :drink:

Re: Re: Falmer?

uranus said:

All that's coming up for renewal at Withdean is the contract to manage the sports facilities.

That won't entitle the management company to develop anything on the site.

If a permanent home for the Albion were to be considered, the first thing to do would be to spend yet more millions on designing one and funding a new Public Inquiry.

The club doesn't have the resources to do that.

The Withdean option was considered at length at the Falmer Public Inquiry - and demonstrated to be considerably more expensive and hopelessly inadequate in terms of sustainable transport access.

Falmer is being opposed by a few hundred NIMBYs. Withdean would be opposed by thousands of local residents (whose councillors now hold the balance of power on the City Council).

The only supporters for the Withdean option are - guess who? - Falmer Parish Council.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
wont be the end of the club! we'll just permanently be a third/2nd division team! and i dont feckin want that! i want brighton to be in the premiership! pompey have done it, why cant we...... (i know coz of falmer ;)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean is such a nice suburb, it shouldn't really have a football club based there. If I lived there I would be pissed off. I don't blame them for not liking it. I really hope a bunch of greenies and other extremists don't stop Falmer, I don't think they will but it would an outrage if a minority blocked these plans.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
It's in the bag!

Can you imagine the riots & carnage there'll be if it gets rejected?

It'll be far worse than anything the NIMBY's can muster.
:goal:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The consequences are too much to bear thinking about. We may as well build our stadium on the West Pier if it gets rejected!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watch this space on Falmer - stormy waters ahead, couple of issues still require resolution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here