Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bluejuice said:
Quite right, I was about to say the very same thing.

The only way they can turn down Falmer is by providing a valid alternative site, and if Prescott's said it's good enough we'll just have to go and use it, no arguements.

However, having kept up with the enquiry I would think it very unlikely that any of the suggested alternative sites would score higher than Falmer in terms of viability and I have faith in Perry, Knight, Jonathan what'shisface et al to get the right decision.

There is NO other site

I am convinced we will get a Yes, however, if we get a No, you could still look back and say that originally, two inspectors said No, we do not know what the recommendation will be from this guy, especially as everyone on here ( including LB to be fair) was 100% sure the original inspectors were convinced of our arguement.

In Prescott's defence, he could quite easily have said No the first time around and I am not convinced that this last PE did enough to persuade anyone that Sheepcoat Valley is not an alternative to Falmer. We all know why it isn't, i miles away from Station etc etc, but whether Precott gives a toss about that I am not sure.

As I said I am expecting a Yes, but I would not be surprised if it is a No.

If it is a No, I think it will be a brave council who will not renew our tenure at Withdean for as long as we can keep plugging along. The argument is how long can that be? The doom and gloom merchants say we will go bust, the more pragmatic of us think we will carry on doing the best we can and something will turn up. The more insane people say DK and MP have wasted a hell of a lot of money on a project that diodnt stand a cats chance in hell of going ahead, due to the position and the fact that it is sited in the Downs.

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Bluejuice said:
Quite right, I was about to say the very same thing.

The only way they can turn down Falmer is by providing a valid alternative site, and if Prescott's said it's good enough we'll just have to go and use it, no arguements.

However, having kept up with the enquiry I would think it very unlikely that any of the suggested alternative sites would score higher than Falmer in terms of viability and I have faith in Perry, Knight, Jonathan what'shisface et al to get the right decision.

There is NO other site

Too BLOODY right, and there is ONLY one site in Brighton. That's FALMER!!!!

Keep the faith!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
dave the gaffer said:
The more insane people say DK and MP have wasted a hell of a lot of money on a project that diodnt stand a cats chance in hell of going ahead, due to the position and the fact that it is sited in the Downs.

Yeah potless pillock and lapdog out :angry: :angry: :angry:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Problem being if Prezza does decide there is some fantasy other site we can use instead, there's no way we can afford to apply for the stadium there, and probably go through yet another inquiry for it.

Falmer or bust, it really is.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
surely if it's a No and another site ie sheepcote is in JP eyes more viable then this is all well and good but surely we just don't have the capital to re-submit plans and go through the whole process . Also , if this was the case I might be wrong but this site could then be called in for a PE on different issues . . and round in more circles we go.
Anything other than a yes doesn't bear thinking about , if we get it then we have the worry of the funding which I don't believe is as straight forward as it looks but thats not worth thinking about - YET

Not meaning to be a doom merchant and I'm finding it hard to see any answer other than a YES

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here