Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer!!!

JordanGHarris

Aug 18, 2003
Am currently also on the Official site board and noticed a few bits of interest, under General Chat, and "I Love Falmer", please feel free to read but I have an idea as well if anyone fancies it!!

Mr Prescott has got to make the decision, now am I right in thinking that he is at no. 10 Downing Street (apologies for my pathetic lack of knowledge - but I couldn't give a toss about the government usually!!), and what do most people do if they want to persuade the views of the government?

They usually lobby around no. 10 and have a protest.

Now further to the official board postings about wearing shirts, how about we get that done all wear them (plus get our famous fans like Des Lynam, Jamie Theakston, Jordan to wear them publically), and each and everyone of us take the day off and head to Downing Street, so that way he has no choice but to hear us, especially if each and everyone of goes, it would be Albion Mania!!!!

I'm up for it, anyone else?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
They just need to make a special shirt with room for two large tits...insert your own joke here!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The one flaw being that Prescott doesn't live in Downing Street.

Nice idea, though.

Anyone know where he does live by the way?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TSeagull said:
Problem...:nono:

... how is Jordan gonna get into a Brighton shirt?:eek:

Wrong Turkey - Liz Costa's :p

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
sully said:
The one flaw being that Prescott doesn't live in Downing Street.

Nice idea, though.

Anyone know where he does live by the way?

According to the Guardian on June 25 2003:

"He owns the turreted Prescott Towers in his Hull East constituency, lives during the week in a grace-and-favour residence in Admiralty House[which is on Whitehall in central London], and at weekends and during holidays enjoys the run of Dorneywood, the ministerial residence in Buckinghamshire vacated by the chancellor, Gordon Brown."

Two jags, three pads. Nice, eh?

Last edited:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
We will get noticed in London. Hull is a lot further and nobody will care there.
Prescott will probably punch someone!

The Falmer for All team have a carefully worked out strategy to influence John Prescott.

Until the Public Inquiry report is submitted by the Inspector, this is what to do:-

The Albion is asking every supporter to prepare a letter to be sent to John Prescott, Deputy Prime Minister.

Just to make things a little bit easier, it is now possible to do this by e-mail. Send your contribution either as an e-mail or as an attachment (in Word format), making sure that you include your home address, so that the source can be identified. If you send it this way it won't, of course, have your signature on it. So please make it clear that it has been submitted by e-mail.

The address to send it to is martin.perry@bhafc.co.uk

To make things really easy, you could copy and paste the following:-

[YOUR ADDRESS]

[DATE]

By e-mail

Rt Hon John Prescott MP
Deputy Prime Minister and First Secretary of State
Cabinet Office
Whitehall
London SW1A 2AS

Dear Deputy Prime Minister

Planning Application for Brighton & Hove Community Stadium at Falmer, Brighton (Ref: BH2001/02418/FP)

I believe you should approve the plans for a community stadium for the City of Brighton & Hove because Falmer is the only feasible site in the city; the stadium will provide a home for the city's professional football club, and a local home for our national sport; the stadium will bring huge economic, sporting and social benefits to the area; and the stadium will help to increase civic pride in the city.

Your sincerely

[YOUR NAME]

EVERYONE'S SUPPORT IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE. DO YOUR BIT NOW!

JordanGHarris

Aug 18, 2003
Will do a letter in a couple of days then, but will it matter that I don't actually live in Brighton, or even Sussex anymore?

Suppose I could put a family members address down!!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
JordanGHarris said:
Will do a letter in a couple of days then, but will it matter that I don't actually live in Brighton, or even Sussex anymore?

I would say it's even more important for out of towners to write in. One of the NIMBY arguments is that the stadium is not of national interest. Letters fron people all over the country would prove otherwise.

JordanGHarris

Aug 18, 2003
Ipswich fan mates? Those glory hunting bastards probably wouldn't care but I'll try them!!

You see I moved up here when I was still a school, and obviously have supported the albion all my life, but everyone seemed to support Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc.

But when Ipswich started doing well, oh what a surprise, Ipswich shirts everywhere and all my old school chums became season ticket holders etc.

I suppose we have a few of those too, judging by comments about a sad twat in the North Stand who is against Falmer, but I can definitely say I am a fan who has been to Gillingham on many occasions, and went to the Play off final defeat to Notts County in 1990/91

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Honestly mate, spread the word. The more letters we can accumulate from people around the country the more weight it will carry, and the more chance we will have of getting our beautiful new stadium built.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Lord Bracknell said:
The Falmer for All team have a carefully worked out strategy to influence John Prescott.

Until the Public Inquiry report is submitted by the Inspector, this is what to do:-

The Albion is asking every supporter to prepare a letter to be sent to John Prescott, Deputy Prime Minister.

Just to make things a little bit easier, it is now possible to do this by e-mail. Send your contribution either as an e-mail or as an attachment (in Word format), making sure that you include your home address, so that the source can be identified. If you send it this way it won't, of course, have your signature on it. So please make it clear that it has been submitted by e-mail.

The address to send it to is martin.perry@bhafc.co.uk

To make things really easy, you could copy and paste the following:-

[YOUR ADDRESS]

[DATE]

By e-mail

Rt Hon John Prescott MP
Deputy Prime Minister and First Secretary of State
Cabinet Office
Whitehall
London SW1A 2AS

Dear Deputy Prime Minister

Planning Application for Brighton & Hove Community Stadium at Falmer, Brighton (Ref: BH2001/02418/FP)

I believe you should approve the plans for a community stadium for the City of Brighton & Hove because Falmer is the only feasible site in the city; the stadium will provide a home for the city's professional football club, and a local home for our national sport; the stadium will bring huge economic, sporting and social benefits to the area; and the stadium will help to increase civic pride in the city.

Your sincerely

[YOUR NAME]

EVERYONE'S SUPPORT IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE. DO YOUR BIT NOW!

Done.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here