Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer......why?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
do we all keep calling the site for our stadium Falmer when in actual fact its not going to be in Falmer its going to be in the confines of Brighton and Hove city.
:glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::albion2:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
My understanding is that "Falmer Stadium" is basically shorthand for the correct description of the stadium site so far as planning permissions are concerned.

It's next to Falmer Station. It's partly on the Falmer Campus of Brighton University.

It will help away fans find the place.

Have you ever driven to Rushden and wondered why you can't find their sodding stadium?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's next to Falmer Station. It's partly on the Falmer Campus of Brighton University.

It will help away fans find the place.

Have you ever driven to Rushden and wondered why you can't find their sodding stadium?

No, I am clever and drove to diamonds - I missed the first half :down:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It should have been the Moulscoombe Stadium in planning then change the name of it when the f***ing thing was built!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Agreed! But the club might have done itself a favour from the outset if it had used this name, rather than referring to the site at Village Way, Falmer.

With hindsight I think you are right....non resident greenies probably wouldnt see east moulscombe as a site needing protection

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here