Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer,what if ??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have thought it would go to the University for extra accomodation halls or University buildings.

If that happens, then I suggest every single albion fan bombards the planning department to frustrate every thing they want to do with the site....see how they like it.

In fact I am very surprised this has not happened with every application that has come before the Lewes Planning Department for no matter what.

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Dave the Gaffer said:
I would have thought it would go to the University for extra accomodation halls or University buildings.

If that happens, then I suggest every single albion fan bombards the planning department to frustrate every thing they want to do with the site....see how they like it.

In fact I am very surprised this has not happened with every application that has come before the Lewes Planning Department for no matter what.

Although I admore the guerilla tactics this would have seriously f***ed up my plans for an extension or even paint my front door. Most of Lewes is in a conservation arae that means you need PP to fart.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there has to be matyrs mate

:) :) :) :)

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Will I get a plaque????

"he laid down the opportunity to extend his living accomodation so the albion might get theirs"

It would be worth it...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the event that the Community Stadium is not developed at Village Way North, the site will be allocated for High tech business or research related to the universities or for university related uses, except for student housing. Given the sensitivity of the site and its proximity to the adjacent Falmer conservation area, provided there are no suitable sites available within the existing university campuses, development for University purposes will be permitted.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I believe the City has a problem with travellers camping illegally and one of the reasons for this is the lack of permanent sites for Gypsies. Any site with good links to the road network would be ideal and I feel that in the absense of a community stadium this would be the best alternative use for the site.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Voroshilov said:
I believe the City has a problem with travellers camping illegally and one of the reasons for this is the lack of permanent sites for Gypsies. Any site with good links to the road network would be ideal and I feel that in the absense of a community stadium this would be the best alternative use for the site.
Falmer - home of the gypos. It's got a nice ring to it.

Dave the Gaffer said:

The only problem with that suggestion, Dave, is that it would have no impact whatsoever on Lewes District Council's Planning Department.

The stadium site, for those who have forgotten, is in Brighton & Hove.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:
The only problem with that suggestion, Dave, is that it would have no impact whatsoever on Lewes District Council's Planning Department.

The stadium site, for those who have forgotten, is in Brighton & Hove.

Yes but their superiors in the main council are putting the halt on something that our planning department has passed even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with them.

I was proposing a tit-for-tat form of direct action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here