Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Webcam - influence the Club

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
There is nothing wrong with where the web-cam is.
If anybody cares to study the plans, they will find that it will show:-
NEARLY ALL the East Stand
ALL the North Stand
The MAJOR PART of the West Stand
MOST of the internal gubbins of the South Stand
TERRIFIC views of the roof and arches
As strange as it may seem, a lot of thought has been put into the positioning of this camera, it wasn't just stuck where it is for fun you know.

I think it would just be nice for the people to be able to see the whole of the build, especially as the club has already spent god knows how much on the webcam as it is.. Even if it's a secondary mediocore cam on one of the stands, people have been so excited by the current cam and being able to see EVERYTHING, that all of a sudden only being able to see a portion of the build will be a bit rubbish. We should just really be grateful for what we've got but alas.. we are Brighton fans!

Maybe if the fans offered to pay for the cam the club would be a bit more willing??

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The view from the current webcam at Falmer has been brilliant so far. It has some limitations, but any position would have that. It seems that the club may be getting irked by the fact that we keep asking for a new (better) position. We understand why they are keeping it in one place but suspect it may become obscured as the South Stand and the East Stand roof go up.

So why not let the club know how you feel - we're grateful that they have put up the cam - and the fact that is is compulsive viewing is the only reason we are asking for another site/more cams.

Edit: meant to add a poll to this thread. Options:

I often look at the webcam and would love another angle now please.
I often look at the webcam and think it's OK
I don't often look at the webcam

What make you think the club may be getting irked by the fact that we keep asking for a new (better) position. ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What make you think the club may be getting irked by the fact that we keep asking for a new (better) position. ?

I wouldn't be surprised. When it comes to webcams, this place is almost akin to the kids in the car on a long journey.

Are we there yet ?
Are we there yet ?
Are we there yet ?
Are we there yet ?
Are we there yet ?
Are we there yet ?
Are we there yet ?

NO

Now SHUT. UP.

:jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Who gives a f uck , we get more than enough pictures from fans posting on here for it not to be a massive concern

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Surely if the view becomes obscured they will move it anyway?

Correct, but it's important that the build is finished first before it is moved, as otherwise the timelapse aspect will be wasted. We are looking at other options, potentially one pointing directly at the West Stand/East Stand - but it isn't cheap!

Also, we do appreciate the popularity with fans (and therefore importance) of this service.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I think it would just be nice for the people to be able to see the whole of the build, especially as the club has already spent god knows how much on the webcam as it is.. Even if it's a secondary mediocore cam on one of the stands, people have been so excited by the current cam and being able to see EVERYTHING, that all of a sudden only being able to see a portion of the build will be a bit rubbish. We should just really be grateful for what we've got but alas.. we are Brighton fans!

Maybe if the fans offered to pay for the cam the club would be a bit more willing??

There isn't one position to cover all the build. We looked at even placing it on one of the Uni buildings (which is not being demolished) and went through a long process of evaluating different locations - but this is by far and away the best location (for now). Also, we specifically do not want to charge for this, as the fans have played such a massive part in this stadium they should have FREE access to the webcam.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Thank you Insider. That clears it all up nicely.

They do say that nature fills a vacuum, and a lack of a definitive comment from the Albion allowed some of us "children on a car journey" to fill the void with speculation. Delighted to hear it's well planned and in hand.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
There isn't one position to cover all the build. We looked at even placing it on one of the Uni buildings (which is not being demolished) and went through a long process of evaluating different locations - but this is by far and away the best location (for now). Also, we specifically do not want to charge for this, as the fans have played such a massive part in this stadium they should have FREE access to the webcam.

Insider, you are correct when you say that there isn't one position to cover all the build, hence the repeated requests for a second camera. The club is in the process of building,what I believe, to be one of the finest stadiums in the country outside of the premier league (or inside for that matter, despite its size), and it would be a shame if the entire construction process was not recorded. It is now evident that very little of the the west stand (the "signature stand" if you like) will be captured from the current camera location.

That being said, I'm sure that I speak for all fans that we appreciate the lengths that the club has gone in providing the quality documentary that it has to date, not to mention the superb efforts of Jack Straw, Natterjack and Ernest, to name but a few.

....alright, Everest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here